Bunches of trouble

Well… to begin with the earliest problem, after deleting all songs from the mp3 player (4gb) on the computer (the window that opens up for the mp3 player) I took the mp3 player off of the computer and when i looked at the mp3 player it didnt do any refreshing at all and told me all the songs that I previously deleted still remained. Also all these songs that I’d deleted now don’t work on my mp3 player (eventhough they remain) they just flip through the songs on pause very quickly but play none which is the reason I deleted them all to begin with. I went without using the mp3 player for a few months and when i began using it again whole albums would do this “pause shuffling” without playing a song and then after deleting the whole thing and replacing all the songs again it continued this “pause shuffling” but instead of an album or two it did it to every song. So long story short I think there’s some kind of miscommunication between computer and mp3 player that is throwing me off so I need to know how to make sure all my songs play when transferred from computer to mp3 player.

Sounds like you need to format the player and start over. Formatting will properly and completely erase all user added content and/or any remnants or remaining files. Then re-transfer your music from your computer.

The best and easiest way to format the player’s memory is by letting it do it itself. There’s a Format function in Settings > System Settings.

I’ve done the formatting so no songs are on… I’ll be adding songs soon and in a little while check to see if things are going smoothly thank you for the advice so far it seems as if they (mp3 player and computer) are on the same page having no songs.

Is the “pause shuffling” you mention a case where the player roams from filr to file without playing them?  This will happen if the files are an unrecognized format.

If you transferred the files using Windows Media Player, for example, if “WMA Pro” is selected instead of “WMA” as the format, when “ripping” CD audio, the files will not be playable on the device.  The Fuze will play wma , but not wma Pro.  When trying to access the files and decode them, the player will skip the file, and will advance to the next one.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry I didn’t log back in to tell you sooner but after the formatting everything is working perfectly there hasn’t been any problems with memory or skipping at all.

@neutron_bob wrote:

Is the “pause shuffling” you mention a case where the player roams from filr to file without playing them?  This will happen if the files are an unrecognized format.

If you transferred the files using Windows Media Player, for example, if “WMA Pro” is selected instead of “WMA” as the format, when “ripping” CD audio, the files will not be playable on the device.  The Fuze will play wma , but not wma Pro.  When trying to access the files and decode them, the player will skip the file, and will advance to the next one.

…Or the files and/or file system is corrupt. In which case reformat the device, and re-sync. I say this from experience, as the same thing happened to me. I just skipped the part where the files were deleted, and went straight to reformatting.

@neutron_bob wrote:

…Or the files and/or file system is corrupt. In which case reformat the device, and re-sync. I say this from experience, as the same thing happened to me. I just skipped the part where the files were deleted, and went straight to reformatting. That’s just my 2 cents.

DethPriTera: I’m glad to see that your issues have been solved, as well.