bug with "resume playback" and track order in podcasts section (w/ audiobooks)

First, I’m on the latest firmware already.

I’ve been listening to audiobooks via the podcasts section and have encountered a funny bug with resuming playback.  When I first set an audiobook to play, it displays and plays all the tracks in the correct order (according to track number).  However, if I pause playback, turn the player off and on again and then resume playback, the current track will play to the end correctly, and then the player will begin playing the previous track in order rather than the next one.  I’ve also noticed that the number of total tracks displayed when this happens is incorrect (larger than the actual number of tracks).  For example, today I resumed play on track 5 of 7 of Richard Feynman’s _Six Easy Pieces_, and noticed that the total number of tracks was listed as 10 rather than 7 on the playing screen, though I did not check on the Podcasts screen.

If I stop playback, select a different track for playback (in this case, track 4) then skip ahead and fast forward to my previous spot, the tracks continue to play in the proper order. 

Also, this doesn’t seem to happen with all audiobooks.  I suspect it may have something to do with date information in the ID3 tags, but I’m not sure (as all the tracks in any given audiobook have the same date or no date, and podcasts would be assumed to have different and accurate dating information, a bug in how the Fuze+ handles multiple tracks with the same or no date could be expected to occur).

If someone can assure me that someone is attempting to address this problem, I am more than willing to do more troubleshooting and testing to repeat the bug and gather more information about it.

Thanks.

I don’t think Sandisk sees this as a problem.  What you’re doing is playing the content through the “recently played mode”, which does the very thing you’re talking about.  If you press select (center of the touchpad) instead of play, and navigate to the podcast (audiobook) in question, you will not have this problem.

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

I don’t think Sandisk sees this as a problem.  What you’re doing is playing the content through the “recently played mode”, which does the very thing you’re talking about.

I see that is the case now.  However, I wonder why this is the default play mode when the player turns on (for music or what-have-you) as I can’t see any reason to play things backwards.

Resuming and continuing to play seems to make far more sense as a default function. 

Heavy,

I have copied what I wrote back in May:

When I wish to restart an audio book in the podcasts section after playing the radio. I make use of the last 10 files display.  This is the first thing you see when returning to the Book section.  The first thing I do is press the play button.  The unit will start playing the file where I left off.  While this file is playing or paused, press the back button.  Pick the book you were playing from the list and scan the mP3 files in the book for the file that have a play or pause mark showing. Select this file.  Opt to Resume the Playback when asked.  You are done.