Breaking my itunes paradigmn

I have been so accustomed to itunes and windows that moving to linux (fedora) has proved taxing. I also purchased a Sansa Fuze 8gb recently to manage music using Amarok. I am able to easily manage music on the desktop using Amarok but cannot get the Fuze to sync up. When I plug in my Fuze, I see an icon showing it is mounted appropriately and I can see my playlist in Amarok- but cannot get the two to sync up. How do I get the Fuze to sync up with the music on my desktop (Amarok-mp3’s)? I just assumed Amarok would read the device and export the music. I am new to these platforms- so please provide a “layman” step by step to rectify this.

Thanks!

If you don’t get any responses here, you might want to post with Amarok in the subject. If I was an Amarok user, I wouldn’t even bother checking a post about iTunes (like this). I checked it because I know about iTunes, but I’ve never used Amarok so I can’t help you.

You might also try finding an Amarok forum, and just tell them your device shows up as a disk drive.

Message Edited by bdb on 03-11-2009 11:17 AM

You’re right this is not an itunes issue- breaking the itunes paradigmn is exactly what prompted you to look at my post. This is an issue with Sansa supported by an interface to Amarok

@rokitscintist wrote:
You’re right this is not an itunes issue- breaking the itunes paradigmn is exactly what prompted you to look at my post. This is an issue with Sansa supported by an interface to Amarok

To be real honest Is not Sansa to Amarok. Its partly Sansa to Lunix, and partly Lunix. Many have reported issues with their Sansa on Lunix machines, and the compatablity in this area could be better for sure. But Lunix is not alwats the Easiest thing to work with, Do a search of these boards for Lunix and Fuze. See what others have come up with Something else to consider is that you have to use MSC mode so Lunix will see it so, Use Amarok to manage your files and then just copy and paste them on the fuze. 

Is the device mounting in Linux?

Bob  :neutral_face:

Sounds like a plan. i don’t know where to copy the files onto the Fuze. So I just frop them into the music folder. I can’t get the album art to follow though. Any ideas on where the mp3 files should be dropped? and how can i get album art to copy over with the song track?

The music folder is the right place. What I had to do (And No I am not a regular Lunix user, but I have a Lunix Machine at work that I sometimes use), is to create folders for every artist, and then Subfolders for album, and then download the album art for each album, and place it in its respective folder, and then rename the picture folder.jpg. On Windows there are programs that can do it for you, so I am sure they are out there for Lunix but dont use it enough to be able to tell you what they are.

I’ll try this! Thanks!

I tried but must have misunderstod. So I understand correctly…

Create a folder and name by album/artist (place mp3 in this folder)

Create a subfolder under the album/artist folder and copy jpg here.

Name this sub folder xxx.jpg?

No.

This is how the path for me

The Beatles>The White Album> (inside this folder would be all the Song Files for this album and…) Album art file called folder.jpg

“”> Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band>(Inside this folder would be all Song Files for this Album and…) Album art file called folder.jpg

So you have a Folder thats named after the band, then inside you have a sub folder for each album, in each of these folders (Album folder) you have a jpg file called folder (This should be the album art). Please note the Fuze doesnt navigate based on these folders, but they are really good for management on your end. The Fuze navigates via Id3tags embedded in the file.