BootMgr cannot be found everytime I shutdown my Computer

Dear Sir/Madam,

I bought the Sandisk Extreme 240 Gb SSD R112. The First time I tried to install Windows 7 x64 in AHCI it went perfectly well. But I get some BSOD with F4. So I disasembled my pc completely and re asemble it again. I changed the Sata cable and Re-Installed Windows 7 x64. After the First boot I installed my motherboards chipset drivers etc. Only once had I received an BSOD again. After updating windows beyond SP1 I didn’t received any BSOD F4 until now.

The Only issue I have now is that every time I shutdown my computer for a long period of time ( +/- 6 hours or more) and I start up my system again I get BootMgr cannout be found press Cntrl + Alt + Delete. Now it’s ok, cause I only have to insert my Windows 7 CD and repair my Startup. Bootrec /fixboot & Bootrec /fixmbr.

I know the procedures how to do this… If my wife or cousin needs to borrow my PC they can’t get as far as I did. Plus It gets irritating that I need to fix my BOOT every time my PC goes into a power off STATE every time for a period longer than +/- 6 hours or more.

If I restart my PC than it Boots perfectly well.

Do you guys have any Tips or idea what is going on? Do I have to RMA it?

Another quick question. I tried to update my firmware to R201 but everytime I get update Failed. (USB + CD method failed)

System: Asus P5Q-E

CPU: Intel Q9450 2.66 GHz Stock

Memory: Corsair DDR 2 memory 4 GB Total (= CM2X2048 - 6400C5 1.90V ver3.1 5-5-5-18-800mhz-2048mb)

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 240 GB SSD

Videocard: Asus NVIDIA 260GTX

Soundcard: Creative Extreme Music

TV card: Hauppauge HVR-4400

Powersupply: 700W

if the frimware update is failing you might have other issues with the drive. I would start with asking for an RMA and see if that resolves the issue. 

Thank you DrLucky, I will ask for an RMA