Boot up red box error message

When I turned on my FUZE this morning I got a red box with the message “Not enough room for MUSIC DB. Please free up 90MB.”

I used my MAC to delete all the music files thinking I would us the FUZE “format” utility to refresh and clean up my FUZE drive.

I still get the red box meassage as before.

I held the power on switch for 20seconds+ to refresh it. Still the same problem.

I should mention I tried to download the firmware updater last night before I learned it was only for WINDOWS ( bleep MAC’s)

Can anyone help?

Bill

@jsbs wrote:

When I turned on my FUZE this morning I got a red box with the message “Not enough room for MUSIC DB. Please free up 90MB.”

I used my MAC to delete all the music files thinking I would us the FUZE “format” utility to refresh and clean up my FUZE drive.

I still get the red box meassage as before.

I held the power on switch for 20seconds+ to refresh it. Still the same problem.

I should mention I tried to download the firmware updater last night before I learned it was only for WINDOWS ( bleep MAC’s)

Can anyone help?

Bill

The message can also mean that the FAT on the fuze is corrupted.  Try to run an error-check on the player.

To update, or to reinstall the firmware, you’ll have to do that manually.  It’s quick and easy.  Here is the link to the firmware.  There are instructions on how to do it manually.  For a Mac, the fuze just has to be in MSC mode.

After updating or reinstalling firmware, the default settings will be applied so the USB mode on the fuze will go back to auto detect.

Have you searched the forums?  Try this posting and go the the bottome for the solution.  Alot of different advices to try.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/how-do-I-free-90mb/m-p/216220

The 90MB message can mean a corrupt file. Could be firmware, could be your music.  It would help if you had a Windows computer available to format from the PC to get rid of all your user-added files, but if not…

You can still update firmware from the Mac, and it’s worth a try. Go to the firmware update sticky and instead of the updater link, get the All Regions link for your hardware, version 1. x or 2.x.  It’s a .zip file. Unzip it and connect the Fuze and drag fuzeA.bin onto the driveletter of the Fuze–if it’s D: FUZE then drag it onto D:. When you disconnect, the firmware should update.

(If you don’t know what your hardware is, connect to the computer and look for version.sdk. Open that with a text editor and it should list the version. And if you don’t see version.sdk, disconnect and shut off the unit. Slide the power button down to put it on HOLD–it will show an orange dot–while it’s turned off. Connect the USB cord to the computer, hold down the << side of the wheel and connect the USB to the Fuze. This forces the Fuze into MSC mode, which is the way the Mac can communicate with it.)

See if the firmware update helps. If not, the easiest thing to do would be to find a Windows computer, force MSC mode (as above) and right-click on the Fuze. Go to Properties/Tools/Error-checking and run it to see if it can fix or delete any corrupt files.  And if that doesn’t find anything, then right-click on it again and Format… to FAT32.