bookmarks for audiobooks

I have the Fuze and mostly want to listen to audiobooks and a little music.  The simpler, the better.  Thank you for your response.

I need to revise my previous post, which stated:

“The Sansa Fuze is a slightly bigger version of the Clip, and has a mini-SD card slot – but when you attach these other technologies to an otherwise simple device, it suddenly becomes overly complicated and error prone, a direction I want to avoid.”

It seems that the Clip might be just a wee bit too small, overall, if I were to use it regularly, which, of course, I would.  If the Fuze handles Audiobooks like the Clip, that might be more right for me.  It’s so slim! (The Clip is a little bulgey.)  There were about 8, 8gig Clips at Walmart, and a big bunch (of about 50 2gig Clips) piled up at Circuit City – I wonder why?  (They’re totally going out of business – I thought only a few were closing.  Pity.)  Plus the extendable memory is a big plus.  The screen is, obviously, more readable, and has both the elapsed time and time remaining when files are playing, unlike the Clip.  (One poster went so far as to recommended using a tag to show the total time of a file, with the Clip.)

I also like the rubbery back to the Fuze.  The Clip does have an accelerating fast-forward, and the Fuze does too, as I recall.  All these things create a preference for the Fuze, if not an enormous preference (so I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon today). 

I also just received a Cowon S9 in the mail, which has a touchscreen that lets you get to any part of a file instantly.  This is a miracle, and particularly useful when working with long radio shows, a feature I’ve only seen on the iPod.  Both the Fuze and Cowon S9 are very attractive and functional gizmos.  I’d prefer to have only 1 dap, but I’m having trouble with this decision…

No, NOT COOL.

1. It doesn’t allow audiobooks on the external card.

2. Resume is not the same thing as a bookmark

The lack of the feature is pure incompetence and/or stupidity

Thanks Sirocco

I agree with your first post about just copying the mp3’s to the audio book folder. I also have many (books) text file, that i used a TTS (text to Speech) converter to transcode to mp3. I just copy them into the audiobook folder and go.

The only thing i have found is that i need to be in MTP mode to do it or the clip will not see the files in the audiobook folder.

I had my books taged and the genre was Stories.

I did not know of some of the features you reported but find them very helpful. Thanks.

I have many of the stories in the audiobook folder taged the same, in the album tag or the artist tag. So if i hit the forward button it does change to the next file like a music file, so if your don’t it must be because your file don’t have more then one book/file with the smae album tag.

Rainey

Message Edited by Rainey on 03-08-2009 03:27 PM

I’ve been using a (black) clip for months and works perfectly for audiobooks. Just got a backup clip (pink) to keep in two places, and the new one indicates through Overdrive that I’m writing to the audiobooks directory, and through windows explorer that files are located in audiobooks directory, but the audiobooks directory in EMPTY when accessed from within the SANSA menu. It is a bummer for playback from the music directory. 

I don’t know what I did with the CD, but maybe I need that to make things work properly? HELP! I really got accustomed to switching on/off as I sand my floors, then answer the phone, etc.

Ecbatana for Green Art

Effecting a paradigm shift to promote a world wide movement for healthy human environments in concert with the natural world.