Blank GUI

I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the ExpressCache software multiple times. I’ve updated .Net framework from 4.0 to 4.5 and I just cannot get a usable gui for the ExpressCache. It seems like its working in the background. If i hover my mouse pointer over the icon in the system tray it will say “Caching Enabled”. Nonetheless I would still like to be able to see some of the functionality. My configuration is Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II X4 965,4 Gig ram,1 Ter 2 disk Raid 0.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. 

I have seen one or two other posts with the same issue. They had their IE security settings locked down pretty tight. The GUI uses components of IE to show HTML content (the GUI is HTML) go to the security setting of IE and set them to the default and it should resolve the issue for you.

Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested to no avail. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE and still no joy. If you or anybody else can think of something else to try short of reinstalling windows I’m willing to try it. Luckily ExpressCache doesn’t require activation anymore otherwise I would be screwed since I can’t see the activation button. Thanks again for your suggestion and anything else you can come up with.

I believe you’re using IE 10? Try the compatibility view. Tools - Compatibility View Settings and add the domain.

Thanks for your suggestion joelmch. I gave it a try but still a no go. I think its just time that I reinstall windows. I’ve noticed some other weird problems with my computer that are unrelated to ReadyCache. I’ve gone 3 years without a need to reinstall windows so it was enevitable at some point. Thanks again for the suggestion.