Billy Mays Is DEAD!!!!!

Why, oh, why?! My point is, TV’s going to be no fun anymore without him. Who’s going to be screaming at you through your speakers? Who’s beard can I make fun of now (not counting Chuck Norris’s)? Also, what about that show they made about him? That’s the show I watched once or twice when I figured out he really did have a normal voice.

It’s kind of ironic that Billy Mays was just on Conan O’Brien a few days ago, comparing his style of sales pitch.  He used the famous “bellowing” voice only for the actual pitch.

I remember a shot of him speaking from the doorway of a skydiving plane.  In the maelstrom of wind, I noted that the volume sounded the same as in the studio, selling OxiClean.

Billy was a good guy, a family man.  I liked his comments after experiencing the bumpy landing.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Who’s gona advertise Mighty Putty now!!!

SpacePatroller wrote:

But Wait! There’s more!

If you reply within the next 15 minutes, you get two posts, a $24 value pluse our toenail clippings storage bag AND toe jam prewerver: A $50 value absolutle free. That’s right folks! two posts, toenail clippings storage bag and toe jam preserver for the price of one post alone, that’s $24.

Message Edited by SpacePatroller on 04-02-2010 07:10 PM

And we’ll double your offer! Just pay separate processing!

:smileyvery-happy:

Last night I saw a commercial with Billy Mays in it. Is it disrespectful or an honor to him to have commercials with him being shown after he passed away? I am not sure which, and perhaps some  would be neutral on the matter.

@jk98 wrote:
Last night I saw a commercial with Billy Mays in it. Is it disrespectful or an honor to him to have commercials with him being shown after he passed away? I am not sure which, and perhaps some  would be neutral on the matter.

Billy Mays was so well known as a pitch-man that it seems more of an honor to keep showing his commericals.    Micheal Jackson’s, Elvis Presley’s and many other dead artists’ music/work is still being sold.  There’s no difference between that and airing Mays’ commercials.

Maybe there’ll be a Billy Mays museum for his fans one day.