Biggest :) ever

i agree i just bought 15 accessories my sansa fuze for 24 $ and i got my fuze on black Friday for $50

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
The Ipod Touch is the best MP3 player out there though

How so? I didn’t say it was featureless. All ipods below the latest generation nano are though. If the touch is the best mp3 player, why doesn’t it support vorbis, flac, wma or other subscription files? What makes it the best mp3 player when you’re forced to use itunes? Why can’t you flawlessly transfer files from the ipod to a different computer? Why is there no expansion slot? Or even more important, why isn’t there any support for open sourced coding?

Apple does not make microSD cards, so they will not profit from having that expansion in their mp3 players.

Oh sure get a ipod the real biggest POS ever why pay so much for a ipod they ■■■■ overpriced and lack radio and voice recording and can only be used with itunes

You can’t use any mp3 player while it’s charging from a computer

but you can if you get an ac or dc charger

e280 v1 rockboxed

8gb fuze 

Message Edited by nintendogamer92 on 01-10-2009 01:57 PM

@dono wrote:
   The Sansa Fuze is the biggest piece of ■■■■ ever!!! No instruction manual, website doesnt work, poor layout, CANT USE IT WHILE ITS CHARGING??? I cant wait to take this thing back and get a real player - IPOD!!!

I believe this person just wrote this message in order to laugh at how we respond. If this isn’t true, he/she would have responded by now.

I  got a Fuze on  Black Friday and I  had no problems in  learning how to use the thing. The big plus to the sansa players is that MIcro sd port. I  bought a set of skull candy ear peices and the sound is unbelievable. I  will never say apple is junk as I have never owned one but I have heard others talk  about the firmwear and the harddrives crapping out alot. I would never own  an  apple ipod just becasue of the price. I cant see in  paying alot of money for a thing that plays music just like another player that costs like $60. Heck  this old white sansa player my wife had years ago sounds just as good and our 5 year old son  has it now. All I pods are is status symbols. A guy at work has a Ipod and when he saw my fuze. he was like its junk compared to his Ipod. I  was like ok  how is it junk and he couldnt answer. I just needed soemthing that plays music. 

My wife still used her E-260 I think it is and its over a year old and still doing good. One thing I dont like about the fuze is the size. I wish it was like my wifes longer and narrower (SP?) to fit in the hand better I  think. other than that  i  love it for its ease of use. Now if I can  just figure out video for it  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Dark_JediMaster on 01-10-2009 05:02 PM

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Apple does not make microSD cards, so they will not profit from having that expansion in their mp3 players.

Cowon doesn’t make sd cards but they profit from having the expansion. Not to mention the D2 is an outstanding player that can have it’s EQ customized to any headphones to your liking. If you have an amp too, the sound is almost flawless. Sound quality beats any feature that any ipod would have anyday.

@d_headshot wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

Cowon doesn’t make sd cards but they profit from having the expansion. Not to mention the D2 is an outstanding player that can have it’s EQ customized to any headphones to your liking. If you have an amp too, the sound is almost flawless. Sound quality beats any feature that any ipod would have anyday.

That is an excellent and correct retort!   

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

If you are trying to imply that the Sansa players only have microSD slots because they make microSD cards then it’s false.

If that were true then they would have created a proprietry slot and memory to match. They would have patented it and then used the DCMA to presecute anybody that made cheaper third party memory.

They have a microSD slots because it is a feature that makes the player much more attractive. I didn’t know about the slot until after I had ordered my Fuze.

@hazza wrote:

If that were true then they would have created a proprietry slot and memory to match. They would have patented it and then used the DCMA to presecute anybody that made cheaper third party memory.

Copyrights and patents are separate parts of the law. I’m pretty sure they can’t use the DMCA to sue for patent infringement.

Wow, two of this guy’s three complaints about the Fuze were things totally unrelated to the product itself–no instruction manual (do you really need help operating an MP3 player?!), website doesn’t work (probably his own connection)… and the complaint about the player itself:  can’t use it while charging (a bummer, as I would like to do so myself…)

The Fuze must be a solid player if that’s all he or she can find to complain about it.

Enjoy your future Ipod.  (giggle)

Isn’t the instruction manual on the CD? I downloaded it online. My last mp3 player of a different brand had the manual on a CD. My printer and monitor had the manual on a CD. I prefer it that way, so I can save it on my pc hard drive.  It is easier to refrence when on my pc, and less expensive for the manufacturer than printing it.

My Canon camera had the manual both in printed form and on CD. I thought the printed booklets were a waste of paper.

The Fuze is good, however it has its annoyances. Navigation by tags only, the proprietary connector, and built in battery are its major annoyances. Other annoyances are that the elapsed time, time remaining, and clock time are in a very small font and hard to see. I would have prefered a basic alphanumeric LCD display that is on all the time while the player is playing(and a dedicated button to activate a backlight while it is pressed) than the  display it has. I don’t need videos or photos to be displayed. I would have greatly preferred if the player was powered by a AA or AAA battery(I realize that would make it thicker), although using a standard inexpensive easily swappable lion battery wouldn’t have been so bad. There are so few players that have a card slot and decent sound quality, that I chose the Fuze despite its faults.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

That’s a good point. Apple doesn’t seem to do anything that doesn’t require customers or OEMs to put money in their pocket. A standardized flash expansion wouldn’t do that. They generally don’t add features to old iPods, either. The whole idea is to get people to buy new iPods. And they’re Apple, so people will do it.

Still think its inferior. Instruction manual is made available through the website only…because its 38 pages long!!! Check and tell me I’m wrong. I’d be more interested in a site that puts less stress on macro and more on info. Like this page foe example is still running a banner ad that says the offer expires 12/15/08!! And the not able to use while charging deal. Funny how you can use it while charging if you purchase an ADDITIONAL accessory. There are my issues, now fix them. oh yea, navigation needs to be streamlined.

dono wrote: 

And the not able to use while charging deal. Funny how you can use it while charging if you purchase an ADDITIONAL accessory. There are my issues, now fix them. oh yea, navigation needs to be streamlined.

Well, you don’t have to buy that “additional accessory” from SanDisk, and the unavailable while USB charging is surely not limited to just Sansas. What navigation issue do you have? Didn’t the 38 page instruction manual that I never read explain it? My bad…I thought it was rather simple to figure out. A couple hours of lurking in a couple different forums learning about MSC and MTP and I was good to go:stuck_out_tongue:

@dono wrote:

Instruction manual is made available through the website only…because its 38 pages long!!!  Funny how you can use it while charging if you purchase an ADDITIONAL accessory. There are my issues, now fix them. oh yea, navigation needs to be streamlined.

FWIW, Sansas aren’t the only players that don’t come with a manual, printed or on disk.  Microsoft’s Zune manual is on-line only.  38 pages?  You wanting more or less?  Less pages would be less info, and I thought you were wanting more info.  Please make up your mind.  Consider this… by offering the manual online, they are 1) not killing any trees, 2) making it easier to update the manual when the firmware is updated and certain functions change.  Both of these save money, allowing the products to be less expensive. 

As for the listening while charging, both the Zune and the many of Creative’s Zen line of players require you to purchase an additional A/C adapter if you want to listen to them while they are charging, and there are other brands as well; the Sansas aren’t alone in this respect.

By all means, buy an iPod if you want to.  If you’re disapointed with Sansa, you’ll be even more disappointed with it, but you’ll get to troll on a whole new website.

jkj1962 wrote:

Consider this… by offering the manual online, they are 1) not killing any trees, 2) making it easier to update the manual when the firmware is updated and certain functions change.  Both of these save money, allowing the products to be less expensive. 

I want a printed 300 page manual, I want it with the Fuze, I want to be sent a new one when the old one is outdated after they update the Firmware… what do you mean the Fuze will cost an extra $100?

@hazza wrote:

@jkj1962 wrote:

Consider this… by offering the manual online, they are 1) not killing any trees, 2) making it easier to update the manual when the firmware is updated and certain functions change.  Both of these save money, allowing the products to be less expensive. 

I want a printed 300 page manual, I want it with the Fuze, I want to be sent a new one when the old one is outdated after they update the Firmware… what do you mean the Fuze will cost an extra $100?

And why does this thing not Read my Mind?

@conversionbox wrote:

And why does this thing not Read my Mind?

Why would I want my Fuze to read your mind? …sheesh some people it’s all about me me me…

@dono wrote:

Still think its inferior. Instruction manual is made available through the website only…because its 38 pages long!!! Check and tell me I’m wrong. I’d be more interested in a site that puts less stress on macro and more on info. Like this page foe example is still running a banner ad that says the offer expires 12/15/08!! And the not able to use while charging deal. Funny how you can use it while charging if you purchase an ADDITIONAL accessory. There are my issues, now fix them. oh yea, navigation needs to be streamlined.

My iPod Nano (which I got for free) had a little pamphlet.  The full manual was only available from Apple.com.  Also, you cannot listen to the iPod while plugged into the computer.  If you want to listen to it while it’s charging you have to purchase another type of cable.  Sound familiar?