Best Player to load Music incl. Covers?

Hello there,

My son (9) has a Fuze. My daughter (11) has an IPod nano 3rd gen. (Imagine who has to manage the uploads.)

Having struggled with WMP and iTunes I am fed up with these tools. I am looking for a software which is easy to use and capable of loading music and covers on both, Fuze and Nano.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and regards.

The easiest program I’ve found on Windows for playing music and loading a Sansa is Foobar2000 (from foobar2000.org) with the “foo_sendtodevice” plugin.

I understand there is at least one plugin available for Ipod, but haven’t tried it.

@soundandsmoke wrote:

Hello there,

My son (9) has a Fuze. My daughter (11) has an IPod nano 3rd gen. (Imagine who has to manage the uploads.)

Having struggled with WMP and iTunes I am fed up with these tools. I am looking for a software which is easy to use and capable of loading music and covers on both, Fuze and Nano.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and regards.

I know MediaMonkey is supposed to work with iPods, but there can be quite a learning curve involved. One thing for you to make sure of though is that all the music is compatible with both players, which means MP3. So if you are ripping CD’s with iTunes, make sure it is set to MP3. The Fuze is capable of accepting drag and drop music transfers though, so theoretically you could rip your music with iTunes and only use it on the iPod, then copy and paste directly from the music folder on your hard drive to the Fuze. Good luck!:smiley:

Thanks, Domp.

I had installed Foobarr2000 to avoid iTunes but not the plugin “foo_sendtodevice”. I will browse the www for it.

And, thanks Marvin_Martian,

Indeed, MediaMonkey seems to be a sophisticated tool requiring some patience.

I have applied your hint to directly convert the CD into mp3 with iTunes. (Took some time to find the setting.) Thank you.

As to the cover logic: per album or per title, in case of compilations – I am still looking for a solution.

Message Edited by SoundandSmoke on 05-04-2009 03:06 PM

Have you tried J River Media Jukebox? Works for both my Fuze and Shuffle

http://www.mediajukebox.com/

@soundandsmoke wrote:

Thanks, Domp.

I had installed Foobarr2000 to avoid iTunes but not the plugin “foo_sendtodevice”. I will browse the www for it.

And, thanks Marvin_Martian,

Indeed, MediaMonkey seems to be a sophisticated tool requiring some patience.

I have applied your hint to directly convert the CD into mp3 with iTunes. (Took some time to find the setting.) Thank you.

As to the cover logic: per album or per title, in case of compilations – I am still looking for a solution.

Message Edited by SoundandSmoke on 05-04-2009 03:06 PM

I can’t speak for the iPod, but with the Fuze, if you get a jpeg image of the album art that’s around 200x200 pixels named folder .jpg for each album in its folder, and copy/paste that into the Fuze , the art should come up when you start to play the album. That’s what I have done. 

@soundandsmoke wrote:

WIth the foobar plugin you can specify the cover.  I use (I think it’s the default) %album%.jpg, Maybe you could do a wldcard *.jpg that would just copy over all jpg’s in the album folder but I don’t know if the Fuze will do separate artwork for each track.