Beginner's questions

Thanks Miikerman!

As I said: place on the drive is not an issue. However, I see the difference between compressed and uncompressed voice. It may be due to the fact I am not audio engineer who know how to best compress voice, I just compressed it the same way as music and it was not good.

I have a new question is about playlists! I prefer playlists like they contain the following text like in this example.

track01.mp3

track02.mp3

track03.mp3 

Format is .m3u.

I use this format for all my albums. Then on the player I sadly noticed Clip says to all of them: empty. Why? What shall I do to my playlists to the clip to see? Which playlist format shall I use? I really don’t want to use absolute locations instead of relative ones, it makes things complicated.

I also don’t want my playlist to look more messy than necessary. In my format, all important text is in the playlist and no more is needed.

Thanks! 

So, anyone can recommend me what format of playlists work with my Clip? Without physically doubling the songs. How can I have working playlists using MSC mode and free software like foobar2000 or free and open source software like VLC media player?

Many thanks! 

Foobar comes with some tagging capability.  THere is a plugin called masstagger that has more functions like tagging artist and album name based on the folder names.  

For quick tag setting I usually use dbpoweramp which can access tagging straight from windows explorer (the folder browser).   

I used winamp to make a playlist. First time I created using files on the clip and stored in music directory. The second time I used the image of the music directory on hd (you all do keep one I hope).

Regardless, if you avoid pathnames (easy to edit out using any text editor like notepad and ‘replace all command’), if you finish up with sample .mnu file below stored in music directory, should work fine.

Note: I only use a single level directory under music, I imagine it would work for multi-level but you would have to test>

Sample playlist after editing out pathname

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:169,The Beatles - Day Tripper
Beatles\Day Tripper.mp3
#EXTINF:135,The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
Beatles\We Can Work It Out.mp3
#EXTINF:936,1812 Festival Overture, Op. 49 - 1812 Festival Overture, Op. 49 - Various
Tchaikovsky CD\1812 Festival Overture, Op. 49 - Various.mp3
#EXTINF:73,Mussorgsky - Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks
Pictures at an Exhibition\Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks.mp3
#EXTINF:115,Mussorgsky - Catacombs: Roman Sepulchre
Pictures at an Exhibition\Catacombs, Roman Sepulchre.mp3
#EXTINF:661,Mussorgsky - Night on Bald Mountain
Pictures at an Exhibition\Night on Bald Mountain.mp3

Item preceeding the \ is folder name which in my case is same as tagged album title. Same for filename/song title.