Battery won't recharge on new unit.

My new Scan Disc will not take a charge.  It is properly plugged in, my pc acccepted it and I can open the program on my drive.  The button looks like its charging on the screen ,but I’ve had it plugged to this live computer for about 4 days  the charge won’t remain when unplugged…  zero battery.  I have seen quite a few other complaints regarding this flaw so what’s your plan?  I assume, you don’t want to put a malfunctioning unit on the market that ruins your good name.  I think sending me back to the retailer is a bad idea. Could you replace it if I mailed it to you. Please give me details. .  

@joyfully2 wrote:

My new Scan Disc will not take a charge.  It is properly plugged in, my pc acccepted it and I can open the program on my drive.  The button looks like its charging on the screen ,but I’ve had it plugged to this live computer for about 4 days  the charge won’t remain when unplugged…  zero battery.  I have seen quite a few other complaints regarding this flaw so what’s your plan?  I assume, you don’t want to put a malfunctioning unit on the market that ruins your good name.  I think sending me back to the retailer is a bad idea.  Could you replace it if I mailed it to you. Please give me details. .  

There’s nothing wrong with returning a newly purchased defective player to the retailer.  A reputable one will either exchange it or refund your money with no hassle. 

@joyfully2 wrote:

Could you replace it if I mailed it to you. Please give me details. .  

Have you tried different USB ports on your computer?

If you’d rather not take (or send) it back to your retailer, SanDisk will certainly replace any defective units, but you have to call Tech Support directly. This is a user’s forum so we can’t do anything about it.

But in all honesty, you may get quicker service from the dealer you bought it from. :wink:

It sounds as if a lead to the battery is detached, with the player needing replacement either by the seller or SanDisk itself under the player’s warranty. 

SanDisk Customer Service in the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us