Battery replacement?

What I have see with the latest firmware is that the battery meter seems to go down much faster then with earlier firmware… I confirmed this by downgrading the firmware long enough to confirm this…  With the latest firmware if the battery meter is down to 1/4 or a little less (still green) and I look under setting I have 49% battery left…  This is not a big deal but for some users one may think that there battery is getting weak do to use or age, when it’s really not! George

@doccolinni wrote:

So these new kinds of batteries don’t suffer the memory effect the older batteries had, that if you recharged them before they were completely empty they would more rapidly lose capacity?

No, those were NiCad rechargables that were most common 20+ years ago, and to a lesser extent, NiMH batteries like those in power tool packs (although even some power tools are now using Li-ion packs).  Battery memory effect is, for the most part, a thing of the somewhat distant past.  Certainly nothing you have to worry about with modern portable electronic device like a DAP or cell phone.  The best thing to do with modern devices is to just charge them when you’re not using them, and don’t worry about the battery.