Battery Life When Not Used for Long Times

Am new to this Board, have a 2G Clip, which I just started using last week.  I only used my Clip  at the gym for about a hour at a time, Monday-Wednsday-Friday.  First question is about how long should the battery last with this long periods of none use?  Second question will it shorten the battery life if I recharge once a week, with the Clip showing only maybe 50% battery?

The battery should retain its charge for long times… “Li-ion batteries do not suffer from the memory effect. They also have a low self-discharge rate of approximately 5% per month” (Wikipedia)

Ive also read that the batteries should be charge as much as posible… (For my Archos, I have 2 battery packs… and I use the older one till it drops to 0% and the newer one I charge as much as posible) so the thing is that charging more frequently should keep your battery life-spam up…

Bottomline, to charge once a week… when it should have 50% of battery will actually keep your battery life longer instead of shorten it…

Buc, thank you for your prompt and informative reply.

It’s genereally recommended not to exhaust the battery down to 0%, apart from every now and again to re-set the battery gauge.  Partially charging is just fine, and recommended.

Batteryuniveristy.com is often looked to for recommendations as to battery use/treatment.  http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-21.htm