Battery Issue

Is it actually true that SanDisk does not provide a replaceable battery for the Sansa View?  I mean, com’on guys, we pay close to $200 for this and it only lasts one year and then might conceivably go into the garbage bin.

That is bull…it in my opinion, I just purchased one today and despite all it’s great qualities, I will be returning it today, just because of the lack of future battery replacement support…

yeah yeah yeah, Im complaining so don’t waste your little fingers abilities to type anything negative bout whining and why did you purchase and should have researched further.

I have been to alot of tradeshows and consumer electronics shows and Sandisk always puts on a big show!!!  Memory is dirt cheap in todays IT world and comes a dime a dozen… Sandisk knows this and so do the manufatcurers who are pumping out loads of memory to satisfy a goliaths hunger for sales such as Sandisk’s.

Now from a consumers view, in todays economy, the average GI joe, just cannot really afford or justify throwing away nearly $200 for a product which has no guarantees beyond 1 year.  Where talking about replacing batteries for gods sakes.   Even my dear grandfather was able to replace the batteries in his hearing aids with no problem year after year, decade after decade. 

I’ve been around the block in the IT world, Law Enforcement, Intelligence Field, Retial and Business Management and this is just a load of crap to not be able to support new battery replacment.  Shame on you SanDisk, your engineers, your sales people and your corporate vision are selling your valued customers short.

What is the problem with this picture?  Basically what Sandisk is saying is that despite all the great features and design of this product, it is pretty much going to be a useless piece of SH… by one year of operational use…, the least they could have done is make the entire unit completely recyclable.

Why single out Sandisk for this? Does the iPod (the big daddy in the MP3 player market) have user-replaceable batteries? How about the Zune?

PS: Wrong board.

Hello Sansa Professor,

Why not single out SanDisk for this?  Just because the others perhaps do not have support for replacable batteries does not mean that SanDisk has to follow suit, just to make more sales latter down the road at the consumers expense.  It’s one thing to want to make sales and continue profits, but there should be a line drawn in the sand where a company is proud of a product they make and actually add consumer value, value that distingusehes itself from the competitors and producing a product who’s life span can barely meet it’s battery lifes capablities.

You tell me, am i right or wrong Professor?  Are you a regular consumer?  Or, are you an employee of SanDisk?  Or, do you have a vested interest in SanDisk?

Yeah, and say wrong board… not wrong board, but something to say and spark customer interest.  Okay, point me to the right board and I will meet you there.   Wrong board is something minor compared to ripping off customers, who spend there hard earned dollar on a product that they believe will meet their desires… not needs.

Please do not be mad or angry at me, I just feel that it is such a waste to put such a limited lifetime on such a nice product.  Don’t you agree?  Even in the littlest of agreement?

By the way, what is the average lifespan of an Ipod batter for something like the Nano etc…?

I am just curious since I am sure you have the answer to all.

No, I’m not a Sandisk employee. “Professor” is simply a board user level, determined solely by my total number of posts. I make no claims to Sansa-related omniscience (or any other brand, for that matter).

The correct board is the Sansa View board. Or perhaps the Product Feature Suggestions board.

And yes, I would prefer that batteries were user-replacable.

Okay, lets take this to the proper forum  and discuss there…

I don’t really have any more to say…

Well,  That is good for you.  I respect your lack of desire to continue a logical discussion, with the hopes of working towards a desirable solution.  This is quiet possibly due to the fact hat there is no suitable resolution to the current problem of having a battery replacement implemented for the Sansa View Product.

Thank You for your replies to my previous posts.  They were somewhat limited in resolving the soultion, but your responses were a little spirited, entertaining and thought invoking nevertheless.

CaptainAmerica

@captainamerica wrote:

Well,  That is good for you.  I respect your lack of desire to continue a logical discussion, with the hopes of working towards a desirable solution.  This is quiet possibly due to the fact hat there is no suitable resolution to the current problem of having a battery replacement implemented for the Sansa View Product.

Thank You for your replies to my previous posts.  They were somewhat limited in resolving the soultion, but your responses were a little spirited, entertaining and thought invoking nevertheless.

CaptainAmerica

After they were discontinued (I am not sure as to the EXACT timing) battery replacements for the Sansa e200 series became available through Third Party sellers Like this one. This may happen with the View. Sansa has not announced its intentions for the View so there is no telling what the next step is. I will say this, the battey in the View will last far more than a year. 

With your duplicate posts in the wrong-topic boards and your argumentative attitude and intent upon bad-mouthing SanDisk, & without offering any alternatives to the issue, I have only 1 more thing to say to you (I already replied to your identical post in the FAQ board).

And please take this in the spirit in which it is offered . . .

Dry up and blow away, Drip!

@captainamerica wrote:

Is it actually true that SanDisk does not provide a replaceable battery for the Sansa View?  I mean, com’on guys, we pay close to $200 for this and it only lasts one year and then might conceivably go into the garbage bin.

Blah, blah, blah.

With your duplicate posts in the wrong-topic boards and your argumentative attitude and intent upon bad-mouthing SanDisk, & without offering any alternatives to the issue, I have only 1 more thing to say to you (I already replied to your identical post in the FAQ board).

@captainamerica wrote:

Blah, blah, blah.  <remainder of original rant snipped>

Thank you so much for your opinion and welcome to the forum. While your views are not un-common for one not familiar with these fine products, we would prefer you moderate your thoughts to those of a more positive nature. Negativity only breeds more of the same. In other words, you’re likely to get exactly what you give.

Oh yeah . . . Congratulations on marking your own reply to your drivel as the ‘Accepted Solution,’ solving your own problem. Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back like that! I’m sure future visitors to this thread will benefit immensely from your sage wisdom and insight.

Not!

EDIT: Removed/edited any references to any ‘percieved’ personal attacks, lest I fall victim to the wrath of microsansa. Self-defense, whether personal or in the interest of the forum, it seems is not a valid reason for reciprocation. Instead, we should just smile & turn the other cheek. :dizzy_face:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 04-20-2009 09:44 AM

Please refrain from personal attacks, lest ye be granted a vacation from the forums!

The lithium polymer batteries in the latest devices have a higher energy density than their predecessor, and their unique individual shapes allow the players to be much thinner.  This is why we see many manufacturers going to the “non-replaceable” type.

Additionally, the service life of this battery type is very good, with several years being the nominal life.  There are many variables, including charging habits, and ambient temperature, of course.

µsansa

Message Edited by microsansa on 04-20-2009 07:34 AM