Battery Indicator White with Red Bar

I bought a 4GB fuze a few months ago, and about two months ago I noticed that it was no longer holding a charge and that after a few minutes being plugged into my PC the little flashy lightning icon disapeared and the device indicated a full charge.  I unplug the fuze from the PC and find that the battery indicator is nearly all white with a red bar at the end.  When I look at settings>system>info, it shows power 10%.  How do I convince the device to accept power from my PC?

Does your computer recognize the player? If so then reinstall the firmware. Also disconnect the player, Slide the power switch up and hold it there for 15-20 seconds.  Then reconnect.

I fear that your strategy worked only to a point.  After a while more than 10 minutes but less than an hour the device indicated it was full, but once unplugged it showed a bunch of white with a small green bar, and info suggested that there was now 36% charge.  Plugging the fuze back into the PC showed charging for a short while ~10 sec followed by all green and no impovement in the actual charge.

My next step would be to format using windows (DO NOT USE QUICK FORMAT). Then Take it off the computer, and if the green screen is solved, then go to  Settings>System Settings>Format> Yes. Then plug it back in and see if it will charge. But thats me. I would recomend you leave it plugged in for a while (1-2 hours) and see if there is an improvement, of not Call SanDisk Tech Support.

@davidbear wrote:
I fear that your strategy worked only to a point.  After a while more than 10 minutes but less than an hour the device indicated it was full, but once unplugged it showed a bunch of white with a small green bar, and info suggested that there was now 36% charge.  Plugging the fuze back into the PC showed charging for a short while ~10 sec followed by all green and no impovement in the actual charge.

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port? Or using a wall charger?