Battery hardware issue

My Sansa clip had been “dead”, needing to be recharged for several weeks.  I plugged it in to through the USB port to charge and the unit lights up but instead of charging, it cycles through “Connected - Reading - Writing - Connected…”  My computer recognizes that it is connected as it is visible in My Computer and Windows Media Player.  As soon as it is disconnected from the PC it goes dark and will not power on.

I’ve tried resetting it (holding the power switch for 20-30 seconds) and tried to install a firmware update with no success.

Is it just time to buy a new player??

You might try a new cable; sounds like it is making a data connection, but not a charging one.

Alternatively, you could also try an AC-USB wall charger to get some juice into it. It’s not a good idea to leac=ve these things for very long in a totally discharged state.

You might try a new cable; sounds like it is making a data connection, but not a charging one.

Alternatively, you could also try an AC-USB wall charger to get some juice into it. It’s not a good idea to leave these things for very long in a totally discharged state.