Battery Down - Sansa Clip

I used my Sansa Clip untill the battery is completely down and when I connected It in my PC to charge the battery It has not found my Sansa…the display shows connected but in fact the PC is not recognizing the device. I tried all the FAQ’s tips but no success. Can you help me?

@alexandre wrote:

I used my Sansa Clip untill the battery is completely down and when I connected It in my PC to charge the battery It has not found my Sansa…the display shows connected but in fact the PC is not recognizing the device. I tried all the FAQ’s tips but no success. Can you help me?

For now, leave it alone and let it charge up.:smiley: These batteries don’t like being totally drained, they work better being frequently charged. Wait until it’s all charged, then dis-connect it and try again.

Thanks for your tip but the problem is that Its battery is not being charged because the Windows does not recognize that the Sansa is connected to the USB…I left It connected for hours but nothing happens. I assume that due to the lack of energy the firmware was lost (!!!).

First try the soft reset function: slide the power switch up to the ON position, and hold it there for 15-20 seconds.

Then plug in your Sansa, and see if it begins charging.

If it does NOT charge at this point, let’s isolate the communications issue.

Same thing, slide the power switch to the ON position, holding it there for 20 seconds.  With the Clip still OFF (the reset will power off the device too), now slide the switch all the way down to the HOLD position (orange showing).  Press and hold the center button down while connecting to the USB port.  AFter the device shows “connected”, you can release the button.

This forces a manual MSC connection, and should resume charging.

Check the battery icon for the familiar rolling battery.   Let it charge up, then slide the power switch back to the normal position following disconnect.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the assistance but It is not working…It shows It as connected but the battery is not being charged (the battery icon is not “blinking”). I assume that It is not being charged because the windows is not recognizing that the Sansa is connect to the USB port. Do you see another way to make It work? Thanks - Alexandre

@alexandre wrote:
Thanks for the assistance but It is not working…It shows It as connected but the battery is not being charged (the battery icon is not “blinking”). I assume that It is not being charged because the windows is not recognizing that the Sansa is connect to the USB port. Do you see another way to make It work? Thanks - Alexandre

Even if it doesnt look like its charging let it sit for a couple of hours, then unplug, do a soft reset and reconnect it MSC mode. If there is still no response you may need to use a wall charger to get it charged up. Any store that sells electronics should have a Wall charger that you can plug the cord that came with your clip into. 

Having suffered a just about identical problem, I second the recommendation of trying a wallwart AC to USB charger, which was the only thing that brought the battery in my thoroughly dead and inert 8GB Clip back to life after running down to total exhaustion…

My comment on a previous thread outlines the background information…

Thankfully, the Clip has been performing faultlessly on a daily basis since it’s resurrection… :smiley:

I need help with the sansa clip my computer says the dev
oce is not working at all.

@rachelwyrick wrote:
I need help with the sansa clip my computer says the dev
oce is not working at all.

Start your own thread (unless it has something to do with this one)?  Describe what’s going on/what your computer system is (Windows/Mac/Linux, and what your operating system is, etc.)/etc.–apparently, your Clip is working?

My Sansa Clip stopped playing entirely in the middle of a song this morning.  I knew it wasn’t the battery, but in case it was I connected it to the USB on my desktop computer.  No lights displayed to show that it was charging.  I did the soft reset, holding the on/off switch in the on position for 20 sec; nothing happened.  I then connected it to my laptop’s USB and left it there for 4 hrs, to no avail.  I just read the add’l reset procedures by neutron_bob and that got it going again.  It reset and started up at the location where it died this morning.  Thanks Bob!

Thnaks for the confirmation that the wall charger will save my Sansa Clip…do you know if the Mobile Phone chrger is suitable for this task? Do you know how many Amperes the Sansa Clipe need?

Tks - Alexandre

A mobile charger likely will be fine–the Clip does not require a high amperage (well under 500 mAmps should be fine).