Battery discharges, display says writing, connected..yada,yada

On my old Sansa clip with version .01, when I charged the battery the display showed the little battery simulated charge in the right hand upper corner of the screen as it  appeared to “pump” up the charge graphically, letting me know the charger was working

Eventually, the display went black, but alas after a while the little battery would show full and all was well.

Now I have another Sansa clip with version 35 on it.  

Let me add I am using a DC wall charger, not the computer.

When I attempt to  charge it, it goes in to this MORONIC connected, writing LOOP and eventually appears to cut off, but It can charge all night and when I turn it on the next morning it has actually DISCHARGED and is now DEAD.  

Sometimes I can get it to charge  like the first described unit, by yanking the charger cord out and filpping it on and off and it will not enter the MORONIC loop and will charge by the little battery pumping  on the dsplay and it will actually CHARGE.  This is “hit and miss” though.   Sometimes it will charge a while and the MORONIC loop will start back so I have to do the yank and insert and flp the on/off switch to get it back charging again.  Is the old version available still?  Can you shoot the person responsible for screwing up the charging program?  I don’t think there is anyway to fix this but if you  know where I can get the old software and revert back to it I’ll use it forever.  Thanks!

Sounds like it’s more an issue with your external charger (or the cable you’re using) than with the player. . yada, yada.

Well if you read the first part of my comments,  my older sansa with older software which doesn’t go through this moronic loop charges fine with the same charger and cable.  If I can force the newer sansa to start without entering the loop, as I stated previouly, it will charge fine.  That is with just the little battery graphic in the upper right showing and not all that writting/connected ■■■■.  

I just bought another one that has version 102.16A and it DOES NOT have this loop in the program…  Version 101.35A is the one with the problems, so I guess someone figured out that it was a waste of  charging energy.   Version 101.01 on my OLDEST Sansa, did NOT have the loop.  Yada, Yada…I’ll find me a working version to flash it back to on the net. …or just enjoy running over it with my car and putting it out of it’s misery.

An archive of the Clip players’ firmware, available for download, can be found at the anythingbutipod.com forum, in the sticky threads at the top of the Sansa Clip/Clip+/Zip board. http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119

@bigboydale wrote:

I just bought another one that has version 102.16A and it DOES NOT have this loop in the program…  Version 101.35A is the one with the problems , so I guess someone figured out that it was a waste of  charging energy.   Version 101.01 on my OLDEST Sansa, did NOT have the loop.  Yada, Yada…I’ll find me a working version to flash it back to on the net. …or just enjoy running over it with my car and putting it out of it’s misery.

Firmware version 01.02.16 is for a Clip+

whereas 01.01.35 is for an original Clip.

Notice the square button control pad and SD card slot vs. the round scroll wheel and no card slot? Could that fact that you’re seeing these 2 players act differently be due to the fact that they are 2 completely different models/players?