B Grade Sansa Fuze

if i buy a b grade sansa fuze off ebay will it still be covered by the manufactures warranty is it worth getting a b grade i can get a brand new 8gb one for £60 or the b grade 8gb for £40 or i could get a brand new sansa clip+ 8gb for £40 what exactly is a b grade product this is the link it says it comes with manufactures warranty but i dunno

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400104281760&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

This is an arbitrary grade assigned by the seller only to make you think it’s “just like new”.

A ‘re-furb’ by any other name is still a used unit. Only you can decide if the savings are worrth the risk, but personally I’d get a new unit over a re-furb anytime. It was a little different with the old e200 units; those you could take apart and actually ‘fix’ some things so there was a good chance that with a little fiddling, you wouldn’t end up with a nice shiny black paper-weight. The Fuze isn’t designed to be taken apart, & although it can be done there really isn’t much you can do once you’re in there.

This is an arbitrary grade assigned by the seller only to make you think it’s “just like new”.

A ‘re-furb’ by any other name is still a used unit. Only you can decide if the savings are worrth the risk, but personally I’d get a new unit over a re-furb anytime. It was a little different with the old e200 units; those you could take apart and actually ‘fix’ some things so there was a good chance that with a little fiddling, you wouldn’t end up with a nice shiny black paper-weight. The Fuze isn’t designed to be taken apart, & although it can be done there really isn’t much you can do once you’re in there.

And no, I doubt whether it will be covered under SanDisk’s warranty.