autoscrolling artist or song title but not both

I noticed that when listening to a song, the artist or song title will scroll, but not both.

For example, artist is “Beatles”, song title is “Maxwells Silver Hammer” the song title scrolls because the artist doesnt need to.

If the artist is “Blood Sweat and Tears” and the song is “You’ve made me so Very Happy”  only the artist (shown first) will autoscroll.

Assuming only one can scroll, shouldn’t this be selectable?

Or am I doing something wrong?

@timn wrote:

I noticed that when listening to a song, the artist or song title will scroll, but not both.

For example, artist is “Beatles”, song title is “Maxwells Silver Hammer” the song title scrolls because the artist doesnt need to.

If the artist is “Blood Sweat and Tears” and the song is “You’ve made me so Very Happy”  only the artist (shown first) will autoscroll.

Assuming only one can scroll, shouldn’t this be selectable?

Or am I doing something wrong?

If you keep your screen awake long enough, eventually they both will scroll.

If I recall correctly, they will alternate. 

Only one will scroll at a time (for some reason) but (if you keep the screen on long enough) they will alternate.  Give me a few minutes and I’ll double check on mine.

That’s how it works at the moment.  

How exactly would you make it selectable?  Have an option in the settings to pick which one to scroll?  

Also note that if your Artist name, Album name or song title are over a certain character length the Fuze will cut them off (I think the Fuze has a maximum of 30 characters to display for each field).  Which is something I found annoying, but was told it was hard to fix and probably wouldn’t happen.

Thanks !!!   Had my display deley set too low…

very helpful…

Oh, and forgot… almost instaneous answer too!!!

Don’t know how anyone else feels about this, but… I’d prefer that the title scroll be the first default, with artist scroll second. Title/song name is usually what causes me to look and artist can usually be identified by what shows before the scroll.

All things being equal, I’d also like to select which scroll, I’d probably only select the title to scroll, but having it as a user preference would be good. maybe you check which you’d like in ‘preferences’

I would just as soon they both scrolled:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

At the same time, and faster, please.

@tenzip wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

At the same time, and faster, please.

Great point!