Autoresume audiobooks from the right file

I am using the SD card and can autoresume all right but when I go away from the SD card to listen to the radio and try to go back to my book the player doesn’t go back to the file I listened to last, it just goes to the first file. Now, as many audiobook lovers know they can come in many hundreds of files. This lack of feature makes it just about useless as a audiobook player.

Is there anything I can do or am I forced to throw it away and try to find a different player?

the player will not automatically go back to the file that was previously played after using different features of the player. You will need to navigate to the file and select it and it will ask you if you want to resume or start from the beginning. 

Yup, that was what I was afraid off, this is a dealbreaker for me. It is such a shame that they chucked the + which was a good audiobook player for this… thing.

Were they trying to make a player to ■■■■ off audiobook folks?

I don’t think that was their intent. The controller that was used in the zip and + is obsolete so they had to change hardware. Unfortunately today there are smartphone controllers and what is in the jam and sport. there is not much available in the middle. a smartphone controller would be over kill for one of these and the alternative simply does not have a lot of horse power to play with so some compromises have to be made.