Auto synch freezes

I have Fuze 8GB and initially loaded some 1000 songs Ok.

Now when I try to auto-synch I get to around 1130 and the synch operation stops.

Info tells me I have 2925 MB free still.

Firmware is V02.01.17A

I have Re-formatted, reset, and deleted “mtable.sys” and started from scratch and get to roughly the same point and it freezes! (2890MB free previous time)

I also have a 16GB uSD card fitted. iniitially i loaded about 2000 tracks into this, but now cant get anything into it. I have formatted this disk from the PC and started from scratch. No Joy.

Have also tried all of the above without the card in. Just the same.

I have also tried firmware update, but this fails!

I am using Media Monkey (Vers 3.1.1.1261) to synch 

Any ideas would be appreciated, or do i give up and send it back?

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:38 PM

Many thanks Tom

The formatting I had already done as you describe.

The drag and drop worked, so need to post something on the MediMonkey forum! or just stick to Drag & Drop. (Need to be organised for this!)

John_M wrote:

Many thanks Tom

The formatting I had already done as you describe.

The drag and drop worked, so need to post something on the MediMonkey forum! or just stick to Drag & Drop. (Need to be organised for this!)

I don’t trust any of the programs, WMP, MEdiaMonkey(which I use), Winamp, etc. to “auto-sync”. Too much chance of something getting deleting by accident. :wink:

Also, it’s not just your player’s firmware that is out-of-date, your MediaMonkey is too.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-26-2010 09:58 AM

@marvin_martian wrote:

I don’t trust any of the programs

Well Marvin, you sound just like your namesake in Hitch Hikers Guide! :smiley:

However I guess I see what you mean! Trusted MM for so long I didn’t for one moment suspect it. Dumb or what?

OK May have to go and upgrade. Being well retired, I am inclined to subscribe to the “If it ain’t broke…” school of thinking.

On the other hand I’d be bored if not chasing computer problems!!

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:37 PM

Well prompted

I was so relieved to get all my files on I didn’t look any further.

I seem to have managed to get 4207 into the database, but there should be 4400.

(I have no sub directories, so maybe that allows a few more to be squeezed in!)

I had tried the manual update without success, but this was probably finger trouble on my part due to stress!

Follow the directions in the Fuze firmware sticky thread to install the latest firmware.  Be sure to install the v2 firmware for your device.  After downloading the file, unzip  it to the desktop. Then, place teh .bin file in the root directory of the Fuze.  If you have the Fuze plugged in, this is represented by the open window with the various folders, Music, Albums, Record, et cetera.  PLace the file next to the folders, but not inside any of them.

Regarding the increased song capacity: when the firmware installation is complete after unplugging the Fuze, you will need to format the device using the Fuze’s built-in format function.  Yes, it will erase all media from teh device, but this operation only needs to be done once.

Let us know if all goes okay with your firmware installation.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

John_M wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I don’t trust any of the programs

Well Marvin, you sound just like your namesake in Hitch Hikers Guide! :smiley:

However I guess I see what you mean! Trusted MM for so long I didn’t for one moment suspect it. Dumb or what?

OK May have to go and upgrade. Being well retired, I am inclined to subscribe to the “If it ain’t broke…” school of thinking.

On the other hand I’d be bored if not chasing computer problems!!

Don’t get me wrong,John… I have been very happy with Mediamonkey. Most of my mistrust of the auto-sync in any of these music managers stems from posts I have seen here where people have suddenly had all their music disappear from their player, or else suddenly found every song and photo on their computer was being loaded onto their mp3 player. All the options should be looked at carefully before auto-syncing, just in case.:wink:

I do load my songs onto my main player with MediaMonkey (currently 2,632) and songs and podcasts onto my secondary player with it. But in all cases, I select what transfers over. And I am one of the few who has never read the Hitchhikers Guide, or seen or listened to any adaptation of it. I guess maybe I should, if I am reminding people of it.:smiley: