Auto sync to internal and external memory

Hi All,

I’ve just bought myself a 16GB card so I can finally store all of my music on my (now 24GB) clip+.

I kind of hoped that when I plugged in the card the clip+ would show a capacity of 24GB but instead it shows two drives, one 8GB and one 16GB.

Syncing using WMP (I’ve got windows 7) treats those drives separately, so I end up with duplicates which I don’t want.

I’m guessing that the only solution is to manually sync my music to both cards to avoid duplicates but is there another automatic option?

• Can I use a separate program to put both cards in a raid 0 setup so they appear as a single drive?

• Is there a program that can auto sync a folder to multiple locations treating them as a single destination?

I’m just thinking out loud but if anyone has any suggestions or solutions I’d appreciate them.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

OK - I’ve thought about this a bit now…

Raid isn’t going to work, can’t have data striped as it’ll be unreadable to the clip+ (any raid setup will be unreadable).

Also if (in theory) both drives could be joined together as a single drive then there will be a track that has a bit on one drive and a bit on the other, again that’s no good.

I don’t see any option other than a manual sync.

Allway sync will sync a folder with two other folders but it treats the destination folders as individual folders so they all end up the same, but it’s the closest I’ve come to yet for doing what I want.

Let me know if there is a way…

Cheers,

Matt.

Mattallyc wrote:

Hi All,

I’ve just bought myself a 16GB card so I can finally store all of my music on my (now 24GB) clip+.

I kind of hoped that when I plugged in the card the clip+ would show a capacity of 24GB but instead it shows two drives, one 8GB and one 16GB.

Yep, that’s the way it works.

Mattallyc wrote:

I’m guessing that the only solution is to manually sync my music to both cards to avoid duplicates but is there another automatic option?

You guess correctly.

Tapeworm wrote:

Mattallyc wrote:

Hi All,

Yep, that’s the way it works.

Mattallyc wrote:

You guess correctly.

And auto-sync is for the birds!