Auto-scan for FM presets not working

My Sansa Clip 1GB will not perform the auto-scan for FM stations.  I go through the procedure, it scans for stations, but when it’s done, there are no preset stations.  Is this a common problem?

Thanks

Inside a building your millage may vary.   Try outdoors.   Weak stations won’t be auto set.  You can add them manually.  I live in a location where it doesn’t work so well.

Cheers,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I went outside and tried it.  Unfortunately, the same results…it goes through the scanning exercise and I end up with an empty list of preset stations.  I have seen this feature work once, but every other time I’ve tried it, it fails!  BUMMER!!!

In all reality, it’s not all that important, since I can manually preset FM radio stations.  I am just perturbed that a “programmed feature” doesn’t perform as advertised.  I hope somebody has the answer to my problem.

Thanks,

Derron

Are you trying the autoscan with the headphones connected, and the headphone cord fully extended? The headphone cord is the FM antenna.

I am curious if the earphones are part of the antenna?    Does positioning the earphones cord have any improvement on the signal?

You answered my question before I even got my post finished ><     Thanks :slight_smile:

The reception is much better with the 10-foot cord of my HD201’s than with my other phones. However, the only 2 FM stations I listen to are both close enough that it’s irrelevant which 'phones I use, thankfully.

You’re a genius!!!  I tried the auto-scan with the headphones connected and…SHIZZAMM…it worked perfectly!

Thanks a million,

Derron

Thank you JK98, you’re a genius!  I tried the auto-scan with the headphones connected and…SHIZZAMM…it worked perfectly!!!

Thanks a million,

Derron