Auto rotate pictures

I have an e260, and it frustrates me that when you convert photos to be uploaded, it doesn’t rotate them to fit the screen. The preview (in SMC - arcsoft version) shows them nicely fitting, but the real thing has big black bars top and bottom. Does anybody know if the Intervideo version of SMC fixes this problem. If not, then how about a new version which does the rotate automatically. [Also, what formats can the e260 actually read for photos natively. I notice that the output of SMC is BMP @ 32bpp. This is overkill by any stretch of the imagination. The display probably can’t handle more than 16bpp. It would be nice to support a compressed format as well].

Anyway:

top priority:   Auto rotate of images

second:       16 bpp rather than 32 bpp (i.e. half the memory consumed)

third:             support a real compressed format.

with the Intervideo version you can select best fit and rotate pictures. it has to be done manually but it is better than not having it at all. if you contact sandisk tech support they can mail you a cd with the new version of the SMC.

@philip wrote:

I have an e260, and it frustrates me that when you convert photos to be uploaded, it doesn’t rotate them to fit the screen.

top priority:   Auto rotate of images

Another quick fix is to rotate the picture using photo software such as irfanview before you sync with the media convertor.  It’s not a solution to the overall problem but it is a fix that could get you by for now.