Audiobooks on JAM

That sure is cute! Be sure to post a review of it as a phone (& its battery life) when you get it! Logically, the battery must be pretty small compared to what can fit in a larger phone.

@kmk_01kmk wrote:

That sure is cute! Be sure to post a review of it as a phone (& its battery life) when you get it! Logically, the battery must be pretty small compared to what can fit in a larger phone.

Will do, I’ll test it out and post a review.

I have been using a jam for about a month. I use it exclusively for Audiobooks which I download from my local library. It had been working great up until the last couple of days. Now it cannot hold the place after I pause or if I use the sleep function. I reset it a few times but to no avail. Im not sure what changed. If anyone has a clue as to how I can fix this problem, please let me know. Thanks

Here is a quickie idea to try; scan the Clip Jam flash memory for errors.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-error-checking-windows-8

Okay, it has been a while but here’s my review of the Unihertz Jelly for use as an audiobook player with the Smart Audiobook Player app. In short, I like the phone and it works well, it small and surprisingly easy to use. But as anticipated the battery life is a big issue. Depending on the battery saving options you have on and if you turn the antennas off you can get about a days worth of listening. I mostly use it as a backup phone now in my purse or for if I’m going out for the night and I don’t want to bring my big phone. In stand by it will last a few days and if the phone is off it will last months.

Meanwhile, I’ve been continuing my search for simple cheap media players for Audiobooks and so far the best one (less than $30-$50) I’ve found is the Benjie K3 (link here), it’s a cheap ~$25 media player on AliExpress. Like most all media players it was not made for audiobooks, so it has some quirks, but it does a good job because of one simple feature, it will continue playing where you left off. It’s small, has a good battery life, and supports microSD expansion. I’ve listened to a 10hr audiobook (over the course of a week) and the battery was about halfway. I put my books on a microSD card organized into folders and use the file explorer to find and play my books.

I had the sequence problem with my Clip Sport, and sometimes the book name was missing. I was told it was due to a lack of information in the dowloaded files. Now, every time I download a book from Overdrive, I check to make sure that for each file downloaded the Properties | Details # (sequence no) and Album (album name) fields have the correct data in them. If not, I enter it.

Then, when I download the book to my player, the book name is shown propertly and the files are played in the correct sequence.

Looks like my battery is dying, so I’m thinking of buying a Jam.

1 Like

We all know very well that generally, Audiobooks provide another way to take a good read anywhere you want to go, as listening to the latest bestseller while on a long trip, trying a non-fiction piece while doing the dishes, or checking out the latest self-help hit or celebrity biography during a daily workout.

Hence, here I want to introduce some best free and cheaper audiobook apps and services, where you can listen to audiobooks without paying a penny or for a much cheaper cost as compared to Audible.

Best Audiobook apps

I load 15 books from the library on my plus and then rtn them. I love the old devices because they don’t recognize due dates and you can keep the books forever. Do you know if the jam blocks books at their rtn date?

i have a clip jam. love it. it recently started putting all books into ‘unknown’ under audiobooks. i have looked at the files in mp3tag to see the difference between these book’s files and books that are under there own title in audiobooks. i see no differences and don’t where to go from here. any ideas?