Audiobooks folder placement

I have a Sansa Clip+ and love it.

In my Internal memory folders I have an Audiobooks folder at the same level as Music.  (Next to Music)

In my external Usd card the Audiobooks folder is IN the Music folder.  Can I move it out next to the Music folder?

How do Audiobook folders work?  Does the folder name tell the player that these files are audiobooks, and allow speed changes?  Or only the internal and external audiobooks folders work like that?

I have regular mp3 files in my audiobooks folders, and I am offered speed changes on them.  But chapter changing does not work on them.

@avrohom wrote:

I have a Sansa Clip+ and love it.

In my Internal memory folders I have an Audiobooks folder at the same level as Music.  (Next to Music)

In my external Usd card the Audiobooks folder is IN the Music folder.  Can I move it out next to the Music folder?

Yes. I don’t know why the Audiobooks folder is a sub-folder inside the Music folder on the memory card but it is. You can safely move it to the same level as the Music folder, but it might create another Audiobooks sub-folder. Just ignore that one.

How do Audiobook folders work?  Does the folder name tell the player that these files are audiobooks, and allow speed changes?

Yes. 

Thanks.  What is required for the change chapters to work in Audiobooks?

If I recall correctly, when I deleted my Audiobooks folder from under the external card’s Music folder (it just bugged me being there, as the OP notes–it should be in a same-level folder), the system just recreated the folder there later. And so, I just leave that folder empty and ignore it, using the folder I created, placed where it SHOULD be. :wink: . Take that, Clip!