audiobook ?s

I now know how to download audiobooks from Overdrive Media and get them into the audiobooks “folder” in the sansa clip.  Problem is when I bookmark where I am I have to remember which of the 12 chapters I was in when I stopped.  Anyone able to recommend a MP3 Merging download that would allow me to make all those chapters one?  There seem to be a lot of these tools on the web but some of the sources seem kind of sketchy.

Another question is about seeing those audiobooks when I am using windows media player.  All that program seems to show me are the music cds I have in my album/artist files.  Is there a way the audiobook file with the books I have in my clip can show up on my computer?

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend my way.

I don’t think there is any tool to combine the overdrive sections, the tools I’ve heard of are just for combining mp3 files.

We’re hoping the firmware can be updated at some point to improve the handling of the bookmarks, either to one for the whole book (clip having the smarts to realize all 12 sections are part of one book) or at the minimum add a little asterisk next to the “active” file in the book when in the menu.

Sorry , no idea about window’s media player, navigating within it always gives me a headache.  :cry: 

In WMP go to Tools… Options… and then choose the Library tab.  Click on Monitor Folders… and add the folder where the OverDrive books get downloaded.  To update the WMP library after downloading new books or music just go to Tools… Search for Media files.  Alternately you can simply hit F3 to refresh the library database.  Hope this helps.

Also, don’t think you can combine parts from OverDrive books since they are DRM-protected WMA files.  But since OverDrive license doesn’t seem to limit play on the Clip perhaps there’s a way to do it – maybe the raw WMA files can be combined outside of OverDrive and then synced to Clip.  Let us know if you figure out a way to do it.

Try a quick voice recording telling where you left off, i.e. “46:05 in part 3/10 from book Blah Blah Blah”.  I’ve done this in the past and it works quite well.