Audio lag when watching videos

I just bought a 4GB sansa FUZE a week ago and have now watched two movies on it. With both movies I have noticed that the audio lags behind the video. THe lag seems to get bigger as time goes on. I have checked the original movie files on my computer and there doesn’t seem to be a problem.

I am wondering if anyone else experiences this, or if maybe its a problem with my specific player and I should exchange it. 

THanks. 

It is a common problem indeed, but I believe its not the fault of the Fuze, but of the Sansa Media Converter. Desynchronisation happens during conversion. How do I know that? If you rewind the video you have just launched by at least 10 minutes, you will notice the lag. So its not a question of Fuze not being able to cope with the video, but of the source file itself being desynchronized. Seems its just a matter of fixing SMC. But all the devs are saying is that you should try Rhapsody, they do not answer if they are working on improving the converter. That ■■■■■, because I dont want to install this application. Besides, why should I be made to do so? Rhapsody is not related to Sansa, why should we use external applications then? 

That’s the only major issue that bothers my about the player. It’s a shame there is no real response to it, it seems the devs are simply ignoring the complaints.

Message Edited by Riven on 11-27-2008 10:13 AM

Thanks for the help

Its conforting to know that its not my player. I used to have a sansa c200 (I accidently put it through the wash oops. Actually it still worked for the most part, but didn’t turn off all the time), but i love the FUZE!

It is unfortunate that the media converter doesn’t work as good as it should. 

I’m actually a Linux user and since I couldn’t use the media converter in linux, and haven’t found anything that will do the trick I have to use a friends computer to convert the files, which is not so convenient. 

I guess there are a few people in my boat too, so hopefully something will be developed soon.

It’s a shame there is no real response to it, it seems the devs are simply ignoring the complaints.

They aren’t:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=6842#M6842

And this more difinitive answer from Nuetron Bob yesterday…

"The difference in frame rates may be a key issue with the audio and video sync problem on the Sansa: I think it might be a rounding error that grows over time.

SanDisk is working on the issue, I assure you, and they are thinking out of the box.  Two separate vendors for the SMC should be evidence enough.  It will take a bit of time.  Remember, not all video files or codecs are alike, and the Sansa is expected to work with quite a handful.  If it were a simple NTSC / ATSC issue, the problem would have been solved long ago."

Message Edited by ickster on 11-28-2008 06:34 AM