Audio book

Hi, I am new to the Sandisk fuze. I have a Bible audio books on 3 cd’s in mp3 format. I loaded it computer

I used the windows media and I tried to rip it, and nothing happens. I tried a regular cd and ripped it and it

came out good and I was able to transfer it to the Fuze. Any suggestions will help. Thanks…

what audio format are they?

Welcome!

The only issue you’re likely to run in to with a ripping engine like Windows Media Player concerns the names of your individual audio tracks or files.  Once we cure this, you can easily navigate through your audio book, in this case, the Bible.

Here’s the primary problem:  when ripping an audio CD, we’re dealing with a known, published music CD, with names for the individual tracks, even album information, cover art, et cetera.

With an audio book, we’re dealing with a musc more specialized media.  As you converted the CD using WiMP, were the original files standard CD audio, or MP3 files?  This is easily determined of the CD is made to play on a home stereo, portable CD player- the tracks are standard CD PCM audio format.  PCM files have no names embedde within them, hence out issue.

MP3, on the other hand, has a secret weapon: the MP3 format includes metadata, or embedded information, that tells us just what the files are.  These are the ID3 tags that you will see mentioned often here in the Sansa Forums.  No worries!  We’ll get you up to speed.

In a nutshell, the Sansa navigates (lists) your audio files based upon the ID3 tag information in the files.  This is the Album / Artist / Genre / Song information we need.

Download this handy tool,MP3Tag, a free application.  With MP3Tag, you can edit the tag information, and your Bible can be indexed properly.  For a Bible audiobook, you will need to change the genre of the tracks to audiobook.  This will allow you to separare the Bible (or any spoken word tracks, for that matter) from your music files, making things more convenient

Hey, want to try something cool? On teh Fuze, go to Music > Folders > Internal Memory > MSC or MTP (depending upon your connection for transfer) > Music > here you can manually locate the Bible tracks.  Folder view works universally, but as you will find for the Bible, it’s great to separate them into more palatable pieces, like Mark, Matthew, Luke, Romans, etc.

Install MP3Tag, and you’ll see how nice it is to have an application designed to catalog your metadata for you.  the Sansa likes ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 format.

Bob

Ripping is a process that converts redbook audio–regular CDs–to a digital audio format such as MP3. Yours have already been converted; no ripping is needed.

. Connect Fuze to PC. Open Windows Explorer window. You should see the Sansa Fuze icon under My Computer. Expand its content to see ‘Audiobooks’ folder.

. Make appropriate subfolder(s) in Audiobooks folder. Copy MP3s from CDs to subfolder(s).

. Disconnect Fuze from PC. Wait for refresh to finish. To access, select Music | Audiobook.

Ripping is a process that converts redbook audio–regular CDs–to a digital audio format such as MP3. Yours have already been converted; no ripping is needed.

. Insert MP3 CD into drive. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to CD.

. Connect Fuze to PC. Open another Windows Explorer window. The Sansa Fuze should be under My Computer. Expand its content to see ‘Audiobooks’ folder.

. Make appropriate subfolder(s) in Audiobooks folder. Copy MP3s from CD’s window to subfolder(s).

. Disconnect Fuze from PC. Wait for refresh to finish. To access, select Music | Audiobook.

Hi Bob, Thanks for responding. I am still clue less. I did the download of the MP3Tag now what? I already downloaded

the 3 cd’s to the computer. Do I go back to windows media? I guess I need step by step. Thanks for reading and

your help!

Hi Bob, I downloaded the Mp3tag, and was able to get see the audiobook files in it. Now how do I get it into the media

player to transfer it to the fuze?