At least we don't have Zunes!

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20081231/zunesday/

Be careful who you point and laugh at, Friend.  Karma is a mother when it comes back around.  That said, MS is redfaced today for sure, hopefully they get the firmware updated before the end of the day, it ■■■■■ to have a Zune today so let us have a moment of silence in honor of the silence others are enduring.   Then “Rock, Rock, Planet Rock, none of these jams can be stopped.!!!”   or so I hope.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I do hope they fix the problem. I know and like a couple Zune owners. I was just pointing out that the SMC issues with our Fuzes aren’t the end of the world :smiley:

@ebouc wrote:
Be careful who you point and laugh at, Friend.  Karma is a mother when it comes back around.  That said, MS is redfaced today for sure, hopefully they get the firmware updated before the end of the day, it ■■■■■ to have a Zune today so let us have a moment of silence in honor of the silence others are enduring.   Then “Rock, Rock, Planet Rock, none of these jams can be stopped.!!!”   or so I hope.

It just goes to show the grass isn’t always necessarily greener on the other side of the fence. I dare say there are NO portable players out there that are perfect. It just depends on how willing you are to be it’s master, rather than its slave. In other words, learning it’s strengths & weaknesses and learning to live with both. :wink:

I too hope it ges fixed quick. I am jumping up and down now because I almost bought a Zune instead of a Fuze.

@tapeworm wrote:
It just goes to show the grass isn’t always necessarily greener on the other side of the fence. I dare say there are NO portable players out there that are perfect. It just depends on how willing you are to be it’s master, rather than its slave. In other words, learning it’s strengths & weaknesses and learning to live with both. :wink:

How true.  It just pains me to read some of the posts on the forum condemning the product, before they have done any research or investigated their problem at all.  I’ve had a ton of DMP’s over the years and the fuze ranks right up there as one of the best I’ve ever had.

Just as they all stopped working yesterday at the same time, the all started working again this morning at the same time! It was a leap-year issue.

I popped by the music forum on the iPod forums, and someone had posted about an iPod problem…you sync with computer A, all is fine. You sync with computer B, it deletes all the songs that had been sync’d from computer A! And on and on. This was my first day with an iPod (many years ago!).

Every MP3 player has its set of problems.

Well, the Zune uses a slightly different clock / DRM scheme.  A bug in the code reared its ugly head for this model.  It’s a simple testament to the complexities of a digital player that, until it quits , we think little about.

It all boils down to trying to make the little devices work for every users unique needs.

Hey, I respect a user choosing the player that fits their personal tastes and needs.  When problems arise, I empathize, as we’ve all been there.

Recently, the Rhapsody e200R model devices all began losing their authorizations when a RealNetworks server lost its mind for a few days.  It was a case of “the Curly Shuffle” getting to the bottom of that one.

Bob  :wink:

_ Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop! _

By the way, Jerry ‘Curly’ Howard (known as ‘Babe’ to his brothers), brother of Moe & Shemp (also of 3 Stooges fame) would be 105 years old were he still alive. Definitely one of the best that will never be forgotten.

I laughed and laughed when I saw that Costco is offering a special deal on Zunes right now!!!  I wanna punnish myself, so I think I’m gonna order meself a Zune and have it shipped via one-day UPS – if you live in the Seattle area you’ll know just how hysterically funny this is (esp the UPS part).  http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008579284_packages010.html