[ask]Minimum sdhc speed for fuze ?

Guys, there are several speed classes for microsdhc card, class 2, class 4, class 6 and class 8, which one is the minimum  speed class to run smoothly with the fuze ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

@paleskin wrote:

Guys, there are several speed classes for microsdhc card, class 2, class 4, class 6 and class 8, which one is the minimum  speed class to run smoothly with the fuze ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

I had a class 2 SanDisk card and it worked flawlessly for me.

The “Class” rating of memory cards is only a measure of how fast you can write to the card. MP3 players don’t need fast write speeds, digital cameras do (for things like rapid-succession snapshots, or recording video).

Any speed would be fine in terms of playback, but the higher classes can be much faster when copying files to the card.

I agree I already tried 16gb micro sd in the fuze and it works. :wink: choss!

@keberloo wrote:
I agree I already tried 16gb micro sd in the fuze and it works. :wink: choss!

And just what may I ask, does size have to do with speed (the topic of this thread)?

While we are having question time, what is the point of prefixing a thread title with [ask]?

The questionmark at the end of the subject pretty much signals the nature of the post. And if questionmarks are too unclear, ‘[ask]’ should be [question] imo.

@Marvin_Martian,gwk1967, Skinjob, so I assume that every class has the same reading speed ?

Let’s say I play games while hearing music in rockbox firmware, will different classes give different perfomances ? or just the same then ?

@keberloo, what class is yours ?

I had a class 2 SanDisk card and it worked flawlessly for me.                                                                                                                                    

Yes, but that doesn’t mean that one of the other classes would be even more efficient if the Fuze supports it.

Any speed would be fine in terms of playback, but the higher classes can be much faster when copying files to the card.

And that’s exactly why I want to find the answer to this question also. Basically, what is the transfer speed of the microSDHC slot in the Fuze? I can’t find this information. Anyone know?