Are you single and hate attending weddings?

I especially hate it when a relative is getting married and I must attend. I was telling people that imo only married people should be invited to weddings. One person responded that using that logic, only dead people should attend funerals.

I went to my cousin’s last year. On the one hand, the food was great, and some of the bridesmaids were smoking hot. On the other hand, this cousin is one that I remember rocking to sleep as a baby, so that made me feel kinda old :dizzy_face:

@jk98 wrote:
I especially hate it when a relative is getting married and I must attend. I was telling people that imo only married people should be invited to weddings. One person responded that using that logic, only dead people should attend funerals.

You must be going to the wrong weddings.  I remember in the days before I was married, I loved going to weddings; of all kinds.  Most weddings have tons of single women, and is a very good place to meet and get to know them.

The wife and I still love going to them.  I guess it depends on your likes and dislikes and what you consider a fun event.  We are pretty social people, so we like gatherings of all kinds.

Any place that serves you free food and/or booze can’t be _ all _ bad! :stuck_out_tongue:

“Any place that serves you free food and/or booze can’t be _ all _ bad!”

Free? Do you attend weddings and not give gifts? Aside from the cost of attending weddings, I hate having to put on a tux, and talk to relatives and friends of relatives I don’t want to talk to. I also don’t want people trying to set me up with old, unattractive women.

@jk98 wrote:

“Any place that serves you free food and/or booze can’t be _ all _ bad!”

 

Free? Do you attend weddings and not give gifts? Aside from the cost of attending weddings, I hate having to put on a tux, and talk to relatives and friends of relatives I don’t want to talk to. I also don’t want people trying to set me up with old, unattractive women.

Kinda can see why you aren’t married…:dizzy_face:    :smileyvery-happy:

You wear a tux as a guest at a wedding?

Yea, don’t think I would like that kind of wedding either.

And not all older women are unattractive:

Maybe not quite as hot as she used to be but I’d ‘do’ her.

@peregrine wrote:

You wear a tux as a guest at a wedding?

Yea, don’t think I would like that kind of wedding either.

 

And not all older women are unattractive:

 

 

Maybe not quite as hot as she used to be but I’d ‘do’ her.

 

Isn’t that picture at least 100 years old? (maybe more…)  :smileyvery-happy:

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but she looks kinda scary now…:dizzy_face:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Isn’t that picture at least 100 years old? (maybe more…)  :smileyvery-happy:

 

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but she looks kinda scary now…:dizzy_face:

 

Now? There have been Madonna Halloween masks out for years! :stuck_out_tongue:

This lady certainly has aged gracefully though . . .

For someone who just turned 69 about a month ago, I’d say she’s pretty well preserved.

Demi Moore looks great at 46. Her husband, Ashton Kutcher is 14 years younger than her. Jennifer Aniston looks great at 40. She looks like she is in her early 30s.

 I recently turned 50. I would like to date women in their 30s, however relatives seem to want to set me up with women in their late 40s. When one of my friends who is 50 approached a woman in her early 30s at a singles event, she said that she already has a father.

The only way to get one that young when you’re that old is to flash the cash! :smileyvery-happy:

@jk98 wrote:

 

 I recently turned 50. I would like to date women in their 30s, however relatives seem to want to set me up with women in their late 40s. When one of my friends who is 50 approached a woman in her early 30s at a singles event, she said that she already has a father.

 

 

The only way to get one that young when you’re that old is to flash the cash! :smileyvery-happy:  

@tapeworm wrote:


@jk98 wrote:

 

 I recently turned 50. I would like to date women in their 30s, however relatives seem to want to set me up with women in their late 40s. When one of my friends who is 50 approached a woman in her early 30s at a singles event, she said that she already has a father.

 

 


The only way to get one that young when you’re that old is to flash the cash! :smileyvery-happy:  

Ha Ha… How true.  I can’t remember which 80’s movies this is from; but it reminds me of the situation in the movie where an older guy is looking for a younger woman.  He is introduced to a young woman; she takes one look at him and says ‘I don’t “do the tango” (I’ve really cleaned that up) with fossils for free’…

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 10-22-2009 10:04 PM

Is being single like being a stray dog, and being married like being a dog on a leash? The stray dog has his freedom, but doesn’t know when he will get his next meal. The dog on the leash gets fed regularly but doesn’t have his freedom. :)   Which is better?

@jk98 wrote:
Is being single like being a stray dog, and being married like being a dog on a leash? The stray dog has his freedom, but doesn’t know when he will get his next meal. The dog on the leash gets fed regularly but doesn’t have his freedom. :)   Which is better?

One is not necessarily better than the other, just different.  Sometimes the thought of one way of life vs. the other is better than the real thing.  Seems a lot of people who are married wish they were single and a lot of single people wished they were married.  Many times though, when they get what they wished for, it doesn’t match their expectations and they are unhappy.

Single life is typically easier than married life; as being with a sole partner for a long period of time takes a lot of work (on both parties).  If you go out looking for love it rarely happens, but if you let the situations in your life take a natural progression, many times you can find the love of your life.

Getting back on topic…Many of my friends met at weddings and ultimately married and are very happy, so I wouldn’t rule out any situation where this could happen to you.  With that said, the older a person gets, the harder it is to adapt to another person in their life.  Marriage isn’t for everyone.  But, on the other hand, the older you get, the more important it is to have a partner as well.

This is a deep topic and cannot be addressed in a significant way in a forum.