Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs Dead!

Breaking news just released from Apple. No other details other than he was 56 and as most people know had been battling pancreatic cancer for the past couple years.

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-says-company-co-founde​r-steve-jobs-died-234318553.html

R.I.P. Steve Jobs. 

Whether one agreed or not with the practices of his company’s policies and the way they did things, he was a gifted man who has make his mark in this world.

@mags1230 wrote:

R.I.P. Steve Jobs. 

Whether one agreed or not with the practices of his company’s policies and the way they did things, he was a gifted man who has make his mark in this world.

Well said, mags.:smiley: I’m glad to see that so far each thread of this kind  in the various forums I frequent  has been hater-free.  I’ll spend a little time tonight with a delightful little gizmo that he brought to us, in tribute to him.

This link may change, but I really like the photo.  Have a look.  In fact, I’ll have to update it shortly, as Apple will change it soon.

The black and white portrait is excellent.  So sad to see him go.  I hope he was happy with the progress at Apple as of late, I absolutely guarantee you that it was foremost on his mind.  I have confidence that they’ll do well in the future.

Steve has interwoven his influence very publicly into Apple’s image, making his inevitable absence a bit of a quandry.  There are plenty of good minds at Apple, and in time, I’m sure they’ll prove it.

I am sad that Steve didn’t have more time away from things at Apple to enjoy life, but in retrospect, maybe that’s the way he liked it.

Bob  :wink:

I hear they buried him in an iCoffin. :stuck_out_tongue:

The much anticipated biography of Steve Jobs by Walter Issacson is coming out near the end of October.  Looks like it’ll be an interesting read.

And Sony has already bought the movie rights for $1 million.

Like his family needs another paltry million bucks with the 6.5 billion (yes, with a B) he left them!

By the way, congratulations on acheiving the lofty and exhaulted status of Sansa Guru, Mags. Red looks good on you. :smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:

Like his family needs another paltry million bucks with the 6.5 billion (yes, with a B) he left them!

By the way, congratulations on acheiving the lofty and exhaulted status of Sansa Guru, Mags. Red looks good on you. :smileyvery-happy:

It sure does!:smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

Thanks, Tapeworm. :smiley:  Of course, I’m just a fledgling Guru compared to the rest of you Gurus.  lol

Hey, now I can choose any picture as my avatar!  :smiley:

Sony only paid $1 million?!  They got the movie rights for cheap.  I expect Sony to make many more millions from it.

“Sorry, I don’t see your name here. What was it again?”

“Uh, Steve Jobs . . . J - O - B - S. I made the iPad you’re using.”

“Oh . . . Maybe you should try the office downstairs.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/steve-jobs-enters-heaven-via-ipad-205507287.html

:smileyvery-happy:

Hi,

I never really ‘got’ Apple. Like millions I always found the almost religious devotion to Apple’s stylish but often infuriating machines off-putting and slightly creepy. I was forced to work on an Apple Mac for a while in the late 1990s and when we switched to PCs it felt like a liberation.

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, who made technology desirable for people who hated computers