Anyone use an Alpine iDA-X300 with their Clip?

I’ve been looking for a new sterero for my car and came across the Alpine iDA-X300 at a great price.   My concern is that - like most of the rest of the world these days - this unit is pretty iPodcentric.  I’m wondering if anyone here has used it with their Clip and, if so, how it functions with.  The iPod functionality is pretty cool, but that’s just not a road I’m willing to go down.

And, if you have any other suggestions for a good unit in this price range (< $150.00) please feel free to pass that on, as well.  I don’t really care about being able to play CDs - I don’t like to take them in the car anyhow, as they always seem to get damaged/lost;  my main interest is in being able to use the Clip in the car without having to use my FM transmitter.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Oh, here’s a link to the product I’m talking about:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500IDAX300/Alpine-iDA-X300.html?tp=5684

From looking at the catalog description, if  you use a Clip (or anything other than IPOD), the radio will essentially just use it as an external disk drive.  You navigate the songs by file/folder rather than tags, and it will play mp3, wma, or aac (so if you have Ogg/Vorbis or FLAC files, they won’t play.)

You also have the option of connecting the Clip to the radio by the earphone jack instead of USB.  Then all the song selection would be done on the Clip.