Anyone here pretty well-versed in Windows Media Player? (Album art question)

It appears that there’s two ways to apply an art cover to an mp3 file (or even a group of mp3 files)…

You can have all your mp3 showing up in your library, and you can go to where the blank album art is, right-click and select “Find Album Info”, most of the time this’ll bring in and autofill the song information. But in order to do this, you must already have the artist and song title (and maybe the album) filled in properly, because it uses those as a “search” for the album art. If that’s not correct, you’ll get all kinds of weird results…

Anyway, I digress…

The other way is to use a program like mp3tag, and you can apply an album art to each individual file. Which I found seems to be the best way to go, because it seems to trump everything else once it reaches your mp3 player (I’m using a Sanse e250 v.2 by the way).

I’m running into a situation where WMP is showing all my albums perfectly… but after I sync them in, I’m finding stuff where one artist’s “Untitled” album art is showing up on other artists’ album art (in my player). Same thing for “Greatest Hits” also…

Is there a quick way to apply all these album arts to my files through WMP?

What I’m seeing now is all my albums fine on WMP, but if I go into mp3tag and scroll down through the files, very few have album arts applied to them. Almost as if it chooses to defer to what WMP says. But for some reason, what WMP says doesn’t seem to translate properly into the player. So I’m looking for a way to have each file have the art individually associated to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by MSRoble on 06-23-2009 09:58 AM