another rockbox issue

hi when i insert the micro cd card it normally should update the database right ? how and when can you make it to update the database ? cause if i go DATABASE > ARTISTS > ALL ARTISTS > ALL… it should make a playlist of all files on the player+card right? but everytime i do this it does a database scan and comes up with a different amount of tracks found each time…sometimes i get 300 tracks sometimes 3000. so it only finds part of the files from the sd card 

can i manually delete the database.tcd files maybe so it will start a clean file search to build the database ?

and otherwise how can i start shuffle mode ? for all tracks -not just in one folder- 

Did you Smiley?

uhm yes i read the database section, but its all selfexplanatory anyway

another thing

i assume the flash/arrow symbol in the upper right corner stands for the microsd flash memory card being inserted ? if so, the symbol is there all the time, with or w/o the card being there

my guess is that i should reboot or reset or so right ?

@baracus wrote:

uhm yes i read the database section, but its all selfexplanatory anyway

You clearly haven’t read enough…

i have specific issues, those are not discussed in the manual  … so i would welcome different kind of replies

@baracus wrote:

how and when can you make it to update the database ? 

It is in the manual.  Just let it finish updating, and use the File Browser until the database finishes updating.  Trust us on this one.  It really is in the manual.  http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-sansaclipplus/rockbox-buildch4.html#x7-470004.2.3.

yeah i know thats in it, ok , but how long should i let it update it since there is no notifying when finished… like minutes ? and even still then , i used the “update now” and “initialize now” multiple times now and if it scans in the background and you can do use the player in the meantime it SHOULD be updated by now no matter what

With all due respect, telling someone to read the manual, when the person says he/she has, only causes more frustration.  Things in a manual can even be missed (especially with Rockbox, which is more complex) . . . .  A direct link to the manual, as in the previous post, is more helpful.  

i wonder what happens when i delete the database files manually ? will it rescan or will the system crash?

That is the same as hitting initialize: http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-sansaclipplus/rockbox-buildch4.html#x7-450004.2.2

now i solved the problem , heres how: i tried some more generating dynamic playlists just browsing through different categories of the database, until at one point the player crashed (no reaction anymore) and turned off, IT COULD NOT BE TURNED ON AGAIN AT FIRST, then after holding the power button it restarted and somehow managed to reset either the system or the database files (who knows) . the point is: after that it asked to initialize database and managed to get all tracks this time. success. so basically all i needed to do is reset the system , and  a way to do so was what i was asking you guys, 

otherwise: tell me where in the much mentioned manual is told how to reset ? i read it and didnt find it

btw what is the symbol in the right hand upper corner ? i thought it was the sd card but now its dissappeared (while before it was there all the time)- its a flash /arrow symbol as i mentioned

@baracus wrote:

btw what is the symbol in the right hand upper corner ? i thought it was the sd card but now its dissappeared (while before it was there all the time)- its a flash /arrow symbol as i mentioned

It depends on what theme you using.

By reset I guess you mean turn off? You can do that by holding the power button. I think this is in the manual somewhere.