And so, the mutual exclusiveness of MTP and MSC modes, and best, then, to use one or the other?

And so, after reading a variety of threads here, do I understand correctly that the Clip’s MTP (media transfer protocol) mode and MSC (mass storage capacity) mode are mutually exclusive when connected to a computer?  That is, while all music transferred to the player, transferred under either MTP or MSC mode, will show up on the player to play, music placed on the player while connected to the computer in MTP mode is not viewable on the computer when connected in MSC mode; and music placed on the player while connected to the computer in MSC mode is not viewable on the computer when connected in MTP mode?  This seems to be my experience.

And so it would be recommended, then, to generally use either MSC mode or MTP mode exclusively, so that all the music shows up on the computer when connected under one mode or the other?  (And recognizing that Rhapsody files and other music/files under DRM (digital rights management) needs MTP, which then should be used if one will be using music/files of that type?)

I just wanted to clarify my understanding from the various threads, and maybe help others out here as well  as to this.

seems like you answered your own question…cept you left out one thing… normalize all loaded songs from msc only…
another thing obvious, you like to make a long version when a short one is better.

Message Edited by amkoas on 12-27-2007 04:39 PM

Hey, thanks for yor constructive (edited) commentary. 

Hey, thanks for your constructive commentary.