And so, SanDisk, the question: will the Clip+'s playback advances be ported to the original Clip?

The Clip+ has some nice improvements that many here have requested from SanDisk for the Clip.  The question then becomes, will these nice playback advances with the Clip+ (e.g. gapless playback, folder view, increased screen animation, increased display scroll speed, ReplayGain, track info., next song info.) be ported over to the original Clip with a firmware revision and when might SanDisk be doing so?

Thanks for the information you can provide.

Message Edited by Miikerman on 09-01-2009 12:00 PM

One of the features that consumer will love is the expansion slot. :wink:

And SanDisk, if you say “no”, we’ll assume that this is so you can sell the Clip+ to disgrunted Clip owners.

1/2 :wink:

A response would be appreciated; thanks–

@promisedplanet wrote:

And SanDisk, if you say “no”, we’ll assume that this is so you can sell the Clip+ to disgrunted Clip owners.

1/2 :wink:

Count ME among the PRE-disgruntled Clip owners who will NOT be buying ANY of the new PlaySkool-fashion-statement uglybrix.

I have a LARGE investment in REAL Clips, from 1 to 8 GB capacity – literally lost track of how many I have.  I also have plenty of e200 models, a c200, and, have a Fuze on order.

If I need to use a flash card, I do NOT need to go out and buy a cruddy looking “Clip+” – and I’m at this point sufficiently cynical to assume that they will NOT be “giving” us (that’s “us, the guys who FINANCED their operation by buying the gear we already own”) any bones in the form of an updated firmware containing the routines already coded.

Not EVERYONE is readily herded into the checkout lane – and not EVERYONE will forget that sort of treatment.

I sure hope they prove my cynicism misplaced.  If not, I’ve got enough Sansas to last a lifetime, and should any of them ever need replacment, I’m sure there’ll be enough true sheep who MUST have the latest shiny object, who will gladly sell me their “old ■■■■” for peanuts.

@keberloo wrote:

I can guarantee you with almost 100% certainty that you won’t be seeing this feature added in a firmware upgrade to the original Clip. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@keberloo wrote:

I can guarantee you with almost 100% certainty that you won’t be seeing this feature added in a firmware upgrade to the original Clip. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, they’ll just add a bit of firmware to turn the Clip into a USB host, then you just get a mini-USB to USB adapter, plug in a USB card reader, and voila.  (Coming up right after the pitch fix!)  :wink: