An Oldie But A Goodie

Many people’s 1st foray into the world of 'personal computing:

commodore

commodore

It’s back!. No lie!

Honestly, I thought it had already been available for quite some time. I remember reading about this what seems like a year ago, and visiting the site where you could choose options. Eh, maybe that was just preorders to gauge interest.

We had a modded VIC20 back in the day. You haven’t lived 'til you’ve loaded games in from a cassette drive! :dizzy_face:

Egads!  What will they think of next?

I bought this one years ago for £100, the old Sinclair ZX80.  On the television screen, the background was white with black characters, absurdly cool in 1980.  Remember the wee screen on the original Macintosh?  I remember that the Sinclair’s video modulator would go on the fritz now and again, requiring a knock on the case, and the image restored to proper sharpness.

I don’t know about the practicality of a computer repackaged in the familiar Commodore 64 case, but it is a cute idea.  Looking at the price range, however, I have to scratch the remaining hair follicles atop my head in wonderment.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I agree with the fact that some of the old technologies still have value.  For me, it is still part of our present technology