Amount of songs

First I’d like to say that I am enjoying my Clip.  But where I purchased it at advertised I could get up to 500 songs on it.  The most I’ve been able to get is 251.  Am I doing something wrong.  By the way, I am not that smart when it comes to computers.   Please help me!!!

the amount of songs you can put on a device will be limited by the bit rate and file type.

you probably have a 1GB device. here is a link to the advertised chart.

Notice the **. the number of songs is based off of 128kbps MP3 and 64kbps WMA.

Your files are most likely in MP3 format at a bit rate of 128kbps.

If you want to get closer to 500 songs you will need to convert your music files to WMA format at a bit rate of 64kbps. 

Message Edited by drlucky on 02-07-2008 10:14 AM

Message Edited by drlucky on 02-07-2008 10:15 AM

Message Edited by drlucky on 02-07-2008 10:15 AM

the amount of songs you can put on a device will be limited by the bit rate and file type.

you probably have a 1GB device.

Your files are most likely in MP3 format at a bit rate of 128kbps.

If you want to get closer to 500 songs you will need to convert your music files to WMA format at a bit rate of 64kbps. 

The number of songs you can fit on the Clip depends on the format, bit rate, & size of each file. You probably have large files, which is why you can’t fit that many on your Clip. My songs are in mp3 format, with a bit rate of 128 kbps. I currently have 342 songs on my Clip, with well over 600 MB of space left to fill.

I have 420 songs on my 2GB Clip, with bitrates ranging from 128 kbps to 256 kbps.  No songs are longer than 5:30 … this is intentional, don’t want the long hippie jam freakout songs on my little Clip.  :wink: