Altered Playlist Not Transferring

My problem is actually extremely similar to the example in the FAQs, but I couldn’t find a solution on here.

I have a list of songs in WMP 11 on Windows XP SP2, my Fuze is at firmware 1.02.31. I have a bunch of new songs/podcasts that I added and can play in WMP, I have also added them to an existing playlist.

When I try and sync the list with the Fuze it seems the files are transfered over but the updated playlist isn’t. If I select the altered playlist on the Fuze it only displays the songs that were already in the playlist. If I check under Artist the new songs are there. If I create a new playlist with all of the songs they will all be there.

Does anyone know why the altered playlist is not transferred? 

fyi: Some of the podcasts were downloaded from iTunes, but I have moved around the files into different folders - iTunes isn’t very happy, but I’m making it work and WMP accesses everything better this way.  The thing is though, I can still play them in WMP and they show up perfectly on the sync list as having synced.  They have also played fine on my Fuze for months, but now don’t show.  I have erased everything (playlist, podcast and song-wise) and reloaded it, changed the format to MTP, but the altered playlist still won’t transfer. 

SummerRain,

How about trying this!

Go to the list where you sansa’s partnership with WMP is, right click it, and select “Set Up Sync…” and check “Sync this device automatically” Move your play lists from “available playlists” to “Playlist to sync” 

Let me know if this works for you, maybe we can try something else!

I looked, but what you suggested has already been done - everything I want to sync is in the Playlist to Sync list.  I also checked the playlists within the Device Setup and all of the podcasts that are supposed to be there, are there.  And yet, still, when I unplug it from the computer, the podcasts don’t show up on the playlist.

Thanks for the suggestion though :slight_smile:  Anything else I could try? 

SummerRain85 wrote:

I looked, but what you suggested has already been done - everything I want to sync is in the Playlist to Sync list.  I also checked the playlists within the Device Setup and all of the podcasts that are supposed to be there, are there.  And yet, still, when I unplug it from the computer, the podcasts don’t show up on the playlist.

Thanks for the suggestion though :slight_smile:  Anything else I could try? 

Are the podcasts labeled as ‘podcast’ in the genre field of the ID3 tags? If so, they’ll most likely be added to the Podcast folder, not the Music folder. And even if they are in your Music folder, ‘podcasts’ cannot be added to a playlist, nor can one be created that contains podcasts. You’d have to change the ‘genre’ field (in the ID3 tag) to something other than ‘podcast’ to fool the player into thinking it is a music file. As long as that file is .mp3 for example, and you change the genre to something else, you should then be able to include them in your playlists.

But if you do this be aware that you won’t have the other options available that pertain to podcasts only.

It worked!  Thank you!!!  I knew it had to be something simple but for the life of me I could not figure it out.