Alphabetic order and shuffle off

I think its annoying that if you choose to sett shuffle to off it will play the files in alphabetic name order, the logic action against that is offcorse while browsing inside the player order windows to group icons after size for example and hope that action changes that alpabetic deafult order view :) but offcorse the player doesnt care when you unplug and re-start

is that normal?

no i dont want use shuffle, cause the shuffle function acts predictable even if you request a new shuffle list live on this cheap player, and you dont want to hear same track again which shuffle on causes

basicly im angry cause all of my strongest tracks i want to hear at night starts around track 245 and forward :slight_smile: and creating a playlist is allso a bad solution for me

so agree with me ;) and solve the alphabetic problemplease  thanks in advance

Message Edited by Kloppstock on 10-07-2008 10:30 AM

No matter what I do my Sansa Clip+ 4GB shuffles tracks when I load them.  I have tried switching from a computer w/Vista to one with XP.  Have tried recreating the playlist I want to load.  Made sure shuffle is turned off.

Depends on what you mean by “shuffling” them . . . do you mean it plays them in a random order, even when Shuffle Mode is turned off? Shuffle Mode only alters the order in which the tracks are played.

Or do you mean they are not in the same order and/or folder/file heirarchy when viewing the lists (Artist, Album, Song, etc.) in the Music Menu? If this is it, you need to learn the player doesn’t sort (or display) by file name, but by ID3 tag. You can bypass this if you like though, by going to the bottom of the Music menu and selecting Folders. Now you can browse them the same as on your computer.

Let me give you an example of what I mean.  I loaded a symphony from my playlist with the movements in order, 1,2,3,4.  When they played the order was 2,4,1,3.  What does the player read to determine what order tracks will be played?

@fuzzyjohng wrote:

Let me give you an example of what I mean.  I loaded a symphony from my playlist with the movements in order, 1,2,3,4.  When they played the order was 2,4,1,3.  What does the player read to determine what order tracks will be played?

The ID3 tags, not the file names. Sounds like you’ve got some tag-editing to do. The overwhelming favorite program around here to do that is MP3Tag.

And here are some brilliant tips from fellow Guru Black-Rectangle on it’s use.