All songs converted to instrumental randomly? Help?

Hey!

I currently have a problem with songs on my Sansa Fuze,they all seem to have randomly changed them selves to instrumental.
I did nothing different to my Sansa,I had just turned it on and all but two songs are instrumental,and they weren’t in the first place.

They sound kinda fuzzy now also and when I try recording somthing,with it turned up all the way,you can barily hear the recording.

I tried changing all setting beack to factory settings and it did nothing.

I’m pretty sure all the songs are now instrumental,if instrumental means the songs tune is louder than the singing and or the singing is completely gone,then they all changed to insrumental,if I’m wrong and something else is wrong with the songs please tell me what and how to fix it!
Some people like instrumental,but I certainly do not and like I mentioned before they’re now fuzzy and the singing is now faint in all the songs.
I want this fixed as soon as possible, so if anyone knows what’s wrong with it or what to do, please help!!
Thank you for trying to solve this mystery!! T^T

Make sure the headphone plug is fully inserted. You may have to push a little hard if the player is new, as the headphone jack is very snug until it’s “broken in”.

I second gwk’s analysis. If the head/earphone plug is not inserted & seated completely, the ground circuit is not completed and you get what basically sounds like Karaoke music.

But it’s not new,I got it last christmas,and I’m using the same headphones that have always worked before!
I did mess with it alittle and it wiggles around in the jack,did I some how stretch it too big? o.o;

Or is it possibly broken? T^T;;

Try different headphones.  I know broken headphones can sometimes produce this effect.

@adexios wrote:

But it’s not new,I got it last christmas,and I’m using the same headphones that have always worked before!
I did mess with it alittle and it wiggles around in the jack,did I some how stretch it too big? o.o;

Or is it possibly broken? T^T;;

Well, there you go. Same result. Try a different set of earphones like summerlove suggested. If that’s not it, then your jack receptacle is toast.

If your player is less than a year old, you should be able to get it replaced under warranty by SanDisk.

Well I don’t think it’s the headphones,they work fine with other things and I tried other headphones and it’s still like that,it must be the jack,it’s probably “toasted” as you put it.
So since I got it last christmas and it’s not December yet I can get it replaced? Where do I go or who do I call to get a new one?

Message Edited by Adexios on 07-26-2009 01:52 PM

Customer Support Solution

Of course, you won’t be be able to use Option 6 yet, as you don’t have an RMA. But there should be an option for Tech Support at this number to get the RMA procdure started.