How Does Alexa Work?
The Amazon Echo is a smart audio speaker with Alexa as your personal voice assistant, allowing you to listen to music, set timers or alarms, stream music, and much more. Alexa needs Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity to facilitate all these features. So basically, it stays online when you are connected to Wifi and accesses cloud services so that you can stream or play music using your smartphone. All it takes is just your voice commands.
Note: ** If you get stuck with the alexa app installation or Echo setup at any point, then feel free to get in touch with our experts anytime through phone at +1-817-464-8883 for Amazon alexa setup help. They are available 24x 7 to provide you the best assistance for setting up amazon alexa device.
How to Setup Alexa | Important Requirements
Amazon Alexa requires an active internet connection so make sure that your Wifi is up and running. Please ensure that you fulfil these requirements before setting up your amazon alexa echo device. Install the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet and enable new skills on it. You’ll need a smartphone or tablet that meets at least one of the qualifications given below:
- An iPad or iPhone running iOS 11 or later
- An Android phone or tablet running Android 6.0 or later
- An Amazon Fire tablet running Fire OS 5.3.3 or later
- Sign in into the alexa app using amazon account
- Place your Echo device in a location that is both accessible to your family and within Wi-Fi range.
- Make sure the alexa device is close enough to give voice commands without yelling. This usually requires being within 15 to 20 feet of the device, depending on the ambient noise around you.
- Keep the echo device at least eight inches away from any wall for the best sound quality.
- As Alexa devices require continuous power, so make sure there is an outlet near the device.
You can even get in touch with our Alexa experts by dialing +1-817-464-8883 for quick Alexa App Setup. As sometimes, users encounters Alexa app stuck on setup issue so it is advised to take professional guidance.
How to Put Alexa In Setup Mode | Easy Guide
The whole setup procedure is divided into four sections.
#1 Plug Your Amazon Alexa Device In Power Outlet-
It is evident that Alexa needs a proper power supply as it doesn’t run on batteries. So you need to plug Alexa into the power outlet. When the ring light turns orange, Echo will turn on!
#2 Download and install the Alexa app.
For Alexa app mode, open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone. Click on search bar to type ‘Alexa App‘. Download the app from there. You can also install the Alexa app on your laptop or desktop.
How to Connect Alexa to WiFi, With or Without the App?
#3 Create an Amazon Account
Next, you need to open the Alexa app and sign up if you are a new customer. If you already have an Amazon account, type in your username and password. On top of that, if you are a prime member, you can enjoy music and great content.
#4 Amazon Alexa Setup guide
Follow these steps to complete the Alexa setup.
- Connect your device to a power outlet and switch it ON.
- Now place your Echo in your favourite location and make sure to put it near your WiFi.
- Open the Amazon Alexa App.
- Select ‘Add Device’ option to begin the Amazon Echo setup.
- Choose your desired language
- Wait for the ring light of Alexa to turn orange.
- Select your Echo device
- Tap and choose your wifi network
- Enter your network security key
- Now, click on connect
- You will hear Alexa announce “This device is ready”
That`s it ! Your Alexa device is setup successfully.
Amazon Alexa Setup Using Windows PC Or Laptop:
- Install Alexa on your computer and set it up to get running in a few minutes. Some devices also come preloaded with Alexa. So, you can check if your PC or laptop has already installed it by typing “Alexa” in the search section. If not, then get it installed by following these steps given below:
- Download Alexa from official link of Dropbox.
- Once Alexa is installed, set the language to US English. Alexa only supports this option in PC.
- Now install the Alexa App on your Now you need to log in your Amazon account.
- Enter the login details.
- Next, allow the Alexa app to launch when you log in to your computer to complete the setup process.
How to Use Alexa Enabled Speaker On PC
If you don’t have a tablet or smartphone? Then don’t worry, you can set up your Alexa device on laptop or PC as well. We can help you do that. Chat with our expert team and get your Alexa setup done rightly and quickly. We have efficient customer satisfaction record that makes us unique. So if you have any queries, connect to our team and get instant Amazon Alexa setup help.
- Type alexa.com in a web browser
- Sign in into your amazon account using login credentials
- From the menu options, click “Settings”
- Click your Alexa device from the list of echo speakers.
- Now choose Bluetooth and a list of options will appear or you can choose your already paired device.
- Click Pair a new device and amazon Alexa will start searching for available devices.
- Check to see if your computer’s Bluetooth is enabled and discoverable.
- Select Bluetooth
- Now, choose your Alexa speaker from the list of devices
- Click on done
- Once done with the setup, you can command Alexa to play online music or perform any skill.
- If you are finding trouble, you can perform the ‘Factory Reset.
What To Do After Alexa Setup?
After this brilliant Alexa setup help, here is what you need to do next. Your Alexa device can perform domestic and professional tasks like playing music, accessing news, making calls, setting reminders, and all that in the native language with simple voice commands. Alexa is compatible with all the major platforms and powered by incredible skills that make it smart, reliable, and robust.
Although, technology is evolving every day. Sometimes, a few technical errors can cause major crashes, especially for tech newbies. You must get expert assistance to troubleshoot all issues and make the user experience smoother.
Still, facing issues? Here are some advanced troubleshooting techniques
- Make sure to use the power adapter given along with the Alexa device so that it can work correctly.
- Check if Amazon Alexa is getting a live internet connection from your router or not. Put the device much closer to your router.
- While giving voice commands, keep your Alexa device away from corners in order to avoid heavy background noises.
- Also, ensure the words you are using are clear and specific.
- You can check if Alexa is responding or not by saying "Alexa, did you hear me?’ and seeing if it responds.
- If your device is not responding, it may be muted. Press the mute button again if the red light is blinking.
- If all this doesn’t work, restart your device by plugging it off and on again. This may resolve your issue.
We hope this article provides you with all the information you need regarding the Amazon Alexa Setup. Now if you are still facing issues and don’t know how to put Alexa in setup mode, contact the experts +1-817-464-8883 .