Albums

When I add albums to the music folder , it splits the music in two different albums with the same name.  Usually one song in one album , and the other songs in the other album.  How do I keep them from being split up in two albums?

When I look at the music folder on the computer they are all in one folder , but on the player they are split in two albums .  I’m Confused!

Do you see an Albums folder? If so try that. If check your tags. Perhaps something is amiss in those.

I don’t see an album folder?  What is tags?

Ok No albums folder (Didnt have my Fuze in front of me and couldnt remember) No Big. Tags are the way your fuze navigates thru your songs. A tag itself is a little file that is embedded in any music file, it is what tells your computer what song sis what by who. It sounds like you are using the drag and drop method to add files. Have you tried using software like Windows Media Player or Winamp, or Media Monkey  to add to your player? If not try that. It may fix your problem. If not you can use Windows Media player to check your tags. Go to your library in WMP> Right Click on a song> Go Down to Advanced Tag Editor> Check the information> Then find another file from the same album and follow the same steps. See if there are any differences? Does this issue Effect playback?

Use a tag editing program like mp3Tag to set all the album tags for files in an album to be the same. The slightest variation in a tag will cause the music to sort separately. I hate navigation by tags!

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-07-2009 11:40 PM

Thanks!  That did the trick .

@jk98 wrote:
Use a tag editing program like mp3Tag to set all the album tags for files in an album to be the same. The slightest variation in a tag will cause the music to sort separately. I have navigation by tags!

Of course you have navigation by tags…you own 2 Sansa players:stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist…I know what you meant though.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-07-2009 11:33 PM

I have 3 Sandisk players, a Fuze, a Clip, and a Slotmusic player. They all frustrate me. The Slotmusic player for not having a display, and the Clip and Fuze for navigating by tags, and for having a built in battery.

@jk98 wrote:

I have 3 Sandisk players, a Fuze, a Clip, and a Slotmusic player. They all frustrate me. The Slotmusic player for not having a display, and the Clip and Fuze for navigating by tags, and for having a built in battery.

You are a glutton for punishment than aren’t you? Hope is on the way, apperntly the next firmware of the Fuze will allow navigation by folder.

@hazza wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

You are a glutton for punishment than aren’t you? Hope is on the way, apperntly the next firmware of the Fuze will allow navigation by folder.

What would you call me then? I have 4 and am about to buy a 5th. My list, Fuze, Clip, Slot Music, Connect, amd I am about to buy a View, I will probably retire my Connect.

@conversionbox wrote:

@hazza wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

What would you call me then? I have 4 and am about to buy a 5th. My list, Fuze, Clip, Slot Music, Connect, amd I am about to buy a View, I will probably retire my Connect.

Really, a View? How come? Just the curiosity factor, or do you want to watch more videos?

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@hazza wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

Really, a View? How come? Just the curiosity factor, or do you want to watch more videos?

Music Videos, Video Podcasts, Anything with a Zombie, I am also going to be putting some of my Graphic Design Portfolio on it, and it would be cool to be able to see them