Album art

A word of warning with the higher capacity devices!  Thw Windows Format command likes to use teeny file allocation sizes when formatting your Fuze.

The Fuze’s built-in Format command is best, especially if you’re clearing 8GB of space.

Settings > System Settings > Format > Yes.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Oh, I formatted with WMP, is that bad?

WMP = Abbreviation for Windows Media Player

Format= Clearing all data and sometimes repartitioning.

Message Edited by gabe565 on 09-02-2008 03:28 PM

It should be fine.  The file allocation issue shows up typically with decoding wma files (the processor is pretty busy) with copy protection / encryption active.  The Fuze or v2 can “click” or “stutter” while reading files longer than eight minutes’ duration.

What may be happening is the device is reading data from a huge allocation table (tiny blocks), and this causes the delay.

If you’ve already formatted and reloaded, you should be just fine.  The issue only pops up under specific conditions. 

Enjoy your new Fuze!!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

Ok, thanks. I didn’t know it did for smaller allocation sizes. I thought it just did a normal windows format! I will use the Fuze’s option next time.

I am enjoying my Fuze, best SanDisk product yet!

You folks are the most patient group! Listening to folks and trying to solve problems that are really of no concern of yours. I applaud you!

I have formatted the fuze, using Fuzes format. I changed to MTP to work with windows media player 11. I resynced my music. I still have no album art. A plan B? This is a bit of a bummer.

There are numerous posts on the subject of album art. Have you done a search or read any of them?

There are numerous posts on the subject of album art. Have you done a search or read any of them? (Other than this one)

I bought the Fuze as my first ever video MP3 player.  I didn’t want to dish out the extra cash for an IPod and settled with this model.  Downloaded the latest media player, the latest media converter, and updated the firmware.  All that stuff you normally have to take care when buying something “new” that’s high tech.  I was able to get everything buzzing except when adding Album Art.  I DISCOVERED THE SECRET!

As you know, you need to rename your art as “album art.jpg” and place it in the album directory of your artist directory.  If your lazy, and copy the art to the Fuze and then change the name to “album art” it will not display on the Fuze even though its named correctly.

I too followed the video and accidentally got it to work the first time, but then I got lazy and tried renaming my files while they were on the Fuze.  I see it’s been a couple of months since this thread was posted, but I figured if other new people had this problem, they’d catch on and not get frustrated.  Tomorrow I’ll see just how long the video player lasts on my trip back home sitting in airports and suffering with delays.