Album Art

putting the album art in each folder with the mp3 files from that album will work. just save them as jpeg images and name them Album Art.jpeg it will find them and use them as the album art.

actually this is very easy, well i mean if you ahve e250R or E200series with R on it haha. Just put the songs in the library on your Best Buy Music store… then right click on files that you want, then click edit file info or w/e (you’ll kno if you see). then theres a section where you can just pick a picture and attach that to mp3 files… very easy…

don’t use wmp 11, wmp10 works fine

I figured out a workaround:  rename your album art jpg with an .mp3 extension, copy it in, and then rename it once it’s on the player.  For example, my SanDisk 2GB Sansa e250 would not let me copy an album art file called Illinoise.jpg into the Music folder.  I renamed the file “Album Art.mp3” and was able to copy it in.  Then I renamed it “Album Art.jpg” once it was on the e250.  The new image now displays when I play Sufjan. Hope this helps.

After I figured out the workaround, I also installed the updater which I assume updated the firmware.  Well whatever it did, it rectified the album art issue all together.  It was no long necessary to rename .jpg files as .mp3.  The windows interface did not reject .jpg files in the music folder after installing it.

I found that the album art would not show up when I named it Album Art.jpg but it did work when I named it Album Art (without the .jpg at the end).

That’s a great workaround; just tried it myself and it works beautifully.  I’m using that as my method for now, and will try the updater when i have time later.  Thanks for sharing that!

Spunk-Monkey

ok, i’ve tried all the things you guys have mentioned, but the things still don’t seem to show up. for songs, i have japanese songs in my sansa. and on itunes i add the artwork to it. and on wmp, when i add the song to the library it shows the pic. but but when i sync it, it doesn’t show afterwards. and i change the usb mode as well, tried both and none worked.

also, i take the songs and change the album to my choise.(since japanese songs mostly come out in singles that contain 2-3 songs) so if i have two songs from lets say “What” and “Low” albums. and i change them both the albums to “Hi”, does that change anything?

If you are unable to transfer album art through Windows Media Player, you may have to load the album art manually.

The “How To” videos show how to do it. Attached is a link to the videos.

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1468 

i tried the the way the video does, but it still doesn’t work.

Try dragging the album art file in MSC mode (if you can see your file folders in MSC mode.)

Make sure that you save the file as a JPEG file.

well, it goes in, but it doesn’t show up when i play the song.

Message Edited by matokosama on 01-10-2008 09:27 PM

If you have transferred your songs in MTP mode, maybe you may have to place the album art in MTP mode as well.

But, I do not think that your folder will accept a “.jpg” file in MTP mode.

If it doesn’t accept it, you can try to name it only “album art”.

Spelling and the space between the two words is important.

i’ve tried that, but it still doesn’t work.

I am stumped.

Sorry,I can’t think of anything else.

Two additional thoughts.

Your album art should be about 250 x 250. I used 200 x 200 and have seen others post they have used 300 x 300.

You are dragging the file directly into the folder with your songs, correct?

yea! they are all bigger than 300x300! maybe thats why.

well, i tried it with pics smaller than 300x300, but it still doesn’t work.

Hi,
I also struggled for a while with album art, here are the 2 methods I found which worked.

1. Automatic:
    Install Windows Media Player version 10 (if you have XP, try uninstalling v11 and it should give you an option to roll back to v10, otherwise just download and install version 10, not sure what you do for Vista). MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL BOTH PARTS OF MEDIA PLAYER 11, there is something like Media Player Runtime or Codec or something in the Add/Remove programs list.

Delete the album from your Sansa. Right click on the album (in Media Player 10), Add To Sync List, then Sync. If you’ve got album art in Media Player, it’ll go to the Sansa no probs.

1. Brute force:
    Rename the image Album Art.jpg then copy it to the folder on the sansa that the mp3/wma files are in. Images smaller than 150x150 won’t work, not sure about any maximum size limit. But it sounds like you’ve done this, so I’m stumped about why it wouldn’t work for you.

Hope this helps,
Simon

Message Edited by nomis3613 on 01-17-2008 03:04 AM

Could it be the firmware upgrade?

I’m a new Sansa e280 owner. The first album I put on the player I added to the micro SD card, along with album art as a 240 x 240 pixel file named album art.jpg. It showed up when I played the music.

Today I installed the latest firmware. Then I added lots of albums, with album art.jpg files at 300 x 300 pixels. The album art is displayed for the one on the SD card, but not the ones I added to the main drive today.

Aside from the size difference of the files (and we’ve established in this thread that that shouldn’t cause a problem), the only difference is the firmware upgrade, and the fact that the first one is on the SD card. Does that give anyone ideas for a fix?