Album art not showing up in scrolling display

I’ve had this problem before and the normal album art viewing didn’t work either. So I resized my entire album art so that it’s 200x200 and under a certain file size so everything shows up when playing the song. But it still doesn’t show up when scrolling through albums. Will this be addressed in a future firmware update?

d-headshot,

From what you have described,  You are using MSC mode,  with embedded art in the MP3 file tags.  When browsing albums,  we dont extract the art from the FIle headers,  it would take time.

To fix your problem,  I suggest to use Media Monkey to sync all the Album art to each albums Folder. Theres a setting to do this in Device configuration.  Select the Checkmark and if the file is named  “folder.jpg”  or album art.jpg and its found in the albums  folder it will be displayed in list view…

d_headshot-

You can use Sansafix’s method, or the same function is available in MP3Tag: export the album art as a jpg file.   If you highlight the whole library, MP3Tag can export the “whole ball of wax” in one step, if you like.

Bob  :wink:

@d_headshot wrote:
I’ve had this problem before and the normal album art viewing didn’t work either. So I resized my entire album art so that it’s 200x200 and under a certain file size so everything shows up when playing the song. But it still doesn’t show up when scrolling through albums. Will this be addressed in a future firmware update?

I was having this issue on a few of my albums even though I had the folder.jpg files in a size that the fuze can handle (150x150).  There must be some file size limitation for the art to display properly, because the few albums where the art wasn’t displaying properly were of a larger size.

One album that wasn’t displaying properly on the scrolling display was sized at 150x150, but the file size was around 34KB.  As soon as I imported it into my picture editor and saved the art at a lower resolution; resulting in file size of around 10-12KB all was fine with the scrolling display.

@neutron_bob wrote:

d_headshot-

You can use Sansafix’s method, or the same function is available in MP3Tag: export the album art as a jpg file.   If you highlight the whole library, MP3Tag can export the “whole ball of wax” in one step, if you like.

Bob  :wink:

All of my album art files are jpegs.